JDS VS CAIN 3 ... Where will you rank it?!

So with UFC 166 looming over us. I was thinking what you guys thought in where this will rank in mma's greatest trilogies?!

What would it take in the fight for it to go down as the greatest mma trilogy EVER?! Or is it not even close in your opinion to rivalries and fights like page vs wandy or penn vs Hughes?! Phone Post 3.0

No offense to either of these guys, because they're great.
For me, it would take a captivating personality.
Neither guy grabs me like Wandy, or Rampage. Neither guy shows the passion of crawling across the cage, begging for the shot, or carrying another man across the ring after a flash ko & 30 fights.
Neither guy is emotionally captivating to me, and that's what it takes.
It doesn't mean it's not a heck of a trilogy, and time could tell that certainly.
JMO. Phone Post

sparkuri - No offense to either of these guys, because they're great.
For me, it would take a captivating personality.
Neither guy grabs me like Wandy, or Rampage. Neither guy shows the passion of crawling across the cage, begging for the shot, or carrying another man across the ring after a flash ko & 30 fights.
Neither guy is emotionally captivating to me, and that's what it takes.
It doesn't mean it's not a heck of a trilogy, and time could tell that certainly.
JMO. Phone Post
I'm totally with you. I think it's because there both 'nice' guys.

Which sounds stupid when I think it but against people like wandy, who was/is a psycho, rampage with his image and then Penn and Hughes who fucking hated each other at the time, it doesn't get me as pumped as I wana b cause I want a little personality!

It makes me think if JDS and Cain weren't heavyweights, would this fight be as marketable?! I mean the previous fights were awesome, but it's billed as who ever wins will be the greatest heavyweight. Would it b hyped the same if they were light-heavy?! Phone Post 3.0

But...both guys split the first 2, Wand/Rampage for example, Wand owned Page both times in the first 2 and the rubber wasnt really meant for much....although still wondering if its the first major rubber where the guy who lost 2 times came back to win the 3rd?

Still, Cain and JDS are in a class of their own in the div, equal sized and split the first 2 in dominant fashion. This is a legit great rivalry except yeah, without the personalities, it doesnt engage you as much but then again, this is a great example of being engaged for the sake of the fights/skills, etc and not for the "beef."

Wasa-B - But...both guys split the first 2, Wand/Rampage for example, Wand owned Page both times in the first 2 and the rubber wasnt really meant for much....although still wondering if its the first major rubber where the guy who lost 2 times came back to win the 3rd?

Still, Cain and JDS are in a class of their own in the div, equal sized and split the first 2 in dominant fashion. This is a legit great rivalry except yeah, without the personalities, it doesnt engage you as much but then again, this is a great example of being engaged for the sake of the fights/skills, etc and not for the "beef."

Solid post. Phone Post

I like both guys and am torn on who wins as well. Too bad the div is thin right now, i would preferred the rubber comes later. Cormier cant fight Cain either, even worse. Cormer vs JDS?

Wasa-B - But...both guys split the first 2, Wand/Rampage for example, Wand owned Page both times in the first 2 and the rubber wasnt really meant for much....although still wondering if its the first major rubber where the guy who lost 2 times came back to win the 3rd?

I totally agree with you.

But if this fight wasn't at heavyweight, do you think this fight would be as marketable, as the side note being who ever wins will be 'the greatest heavyweight' and due to there being no personality factor?! Phone Post 3.0