JDS, will it continue?!?

I really thought Cain was gonna perform better then he did. It just further proves anybody can get caught take for instance Tito Vs Ryan.. I really don't see JDS holding that belt for long. What's your thoughts? I understand he has been on a good streak, but I can't see a guy that's technique is solely based on striking continue on this streak, especially in that division with all credible wrestlers. But then again he has proven otherwise thus far. So what are your thoughts Phone Post

I thought Cain would hold onto it; I think however that Cain can avenge this Phone Post

He's got some challenges still:

Brock

Overeem

Cain again

Mir

Carwin

Doubt he'd fight Nog

The Overeem/Lesnar match will tell me if he has any challenges. I don't think Brock can pull it off. Overeem may be the only guy with a shot.

JDS has basically cleared out the division already. Lesnar/Reem presents an interesting threat but after that it's all rematches and Mir. Cormier/Barnett winner could be fun too. Phone Post

Smurphy - but I can't see a guy that's technique is solely based on striking continue on this streak, especially in that division with all credible wrestlers.

Your statement befuddles me a bit because if there's anyone who looks scientifically engineered to obliterate wrestlers, it's JDS. Great footwork, control of distance, strong TDD, and absolutely ridiculous cat-like scrambling. If JDS will lose I just don't see it happening because of wrestling - unless Cormier improves a lot. JDS seems very much in the Chuck Liddell/Lyoto Machida mold. Grapplers just won't be the guys to beat him.

Now anyone can beat anyone of course, but the only realistic threats to JDS I see are Overeem, Cain, and Cormier.

I have said from the very start that JDS would absolutely, completely obliterate Lesnar and I'm confused as to how people still consider Lesnar a real threat to JDS. No way would Lesnar ever be able to hold JDS on the ground, if he ever got close to begin with. JDS would blast him and it would be very brutal.

Barnett I could see having an outside chance, but not a good one. JDS very clear favorite.

Cormier right now would be a clear underdog - but we have to see what his learning curve will be, since up to now it's been very rapid. He is lightning quick for a HW and if he can mix in his takedowns with strikes like his partner Cain, he may be the only wrestler actually capable of taking JDS down.

I do believe that Cormier will beat Barnett and will get the title shot against the winner of JDS vs. Overeem/Lesnar. And I'm sure he'll improve by then - but will he have improved enough to beat JDS, if JDS is still champ? Too early to say. Could well be an Overeem/Cormier match we see for the title actually.

Cain would have a good chance in a rematch still because Cain does have very good striking offensively. His kicks are very good and they were troubling JDS a bit. I don't think Cain's wrestling would really be all that effective, I think he'd have a hell of a time trying to hold down the explosive JDS, but the threat of it could be enough to give him a shot in the standup. What Cain needs to do is improve his defense though. That's the one thing that worried me when he fought Lesnar and even Nog - he got caught by some jabs by Lesnar and Nog was about to tag him too. Cain's defense on the feet still needs work.

Overeem has a good chance as well. Now I favor JDS, simply because of mental toughness. I think Overeem might wilt under JDS' attack, whereas I think JDS has a great chin and is very tough. But of course Overeem has massive power so he's capable of KOing JDS.

At the moment I'd give Cain in a rematch and Overeem the best shots, but I'd peg JDS at about a 60%-65% favorite against both.

I think Barnett is the biggest challenge for Junior, and next might be Brock, depending on how he looks in his next fight. I can see JDS taking Overeem down and pounding him out, and pretty much everybody else has been beaten already except for Cormier, who could be an interesting opponent once he develops more.

What a retarded thread, JDS has excellent takedown defense and is a problem for any wrestlers in the division.

I strongly believe that Cigano will snap the consecutive successful defense record.

Yes, the record is only 2 but that's still impressive.

^ yep Phone Post

I think JDS beats any HW, Reem has a shot but is kinda chiny and JDS is a POWER puncher Phone Post

It will be Brock v jds and I honestly think Brock could take it.

And thus the 1 title defense resets only to a former holder. Phone Post

Reudiger - What a retarded thread, JDS has excellent takedown defense and is a problem for any wrestlers in the division.

Did you read the thread dumb ass?!?! I'm not saying he does not have good take down defense, learn to read! You give the UG a bad name! It's ignorant people like yourself that should be banned! Phone Post