JDS would destroy allistair in mma standup

with his speed and footwork

allistair's style is more effective in K1 where there are no takedowns and both he and his opponent are wearing huge ass pillows on their hands...so basically all reem does is walk his opponent down with his hands hi and then when hes a couple inches away from his opponent, throw the bungalows

in mma, jds would run circles around allistair and punch right through that high shell...easy KO within 3 rounds

I dont think he would try to stand with JDS

i dont think so either..but many people apparently believe allistair has better standup

It would be a prison rape.

I tend to agree...HOWEVER...to be fair...Overeem could open up more with his standup gainst JDS due to little fear of a takedown. Allistaire is probably better on the ground and JDS wouldn't take it there anyway.

Overeem did take way too many shots though.

We might find out soon. I dont know why people think Alistair is new to the little gloves.... he's been fighting in MMA for some time.

Yes and Anderson Silva is not a very good striker, because he was outstruck by Demian Maia in round 5 of their fight.

SKARHEAD - I tend to agree...HOWEVER...to be fair...Overeem could open up more with his standup gainst JDS due to little fear of a takedown. Allistaire is probably better on the ground and JDS wouldn't take it there anyway.

JDS took a D2 wrestling champ down twice... He'd be able to take overeem down whenever he wants.

205lbers were pounding the shit out of overeem - imagine what a HW would do to him when they get on top.

edokaz666 - JDS is a 1 round striker then after that it must go to the judges. plus JDS has only knocked out one top 10 HW and that was in 2008

he couldnt knock out a gassed out Carwin or Nelson who had nothing to offer at all. Lesnar even finished Carwin. AA finished Nelson.

if you actually watched the aa/nelson fight you would know that jds had nelson in just as much, if not more danger as aa did

nni - Yes and Anderson Silva is not a very good striker, because he was outstruck by Demian Maia in round 5 of their fight.

chael out struck him also

MMALOGIC - 
SKARHEAD - I tend to agree...HOWEVER...to be fair...Overeem could open up more with his standup gainst JDS due to little fear of a takedown. Allistaire is probably better on the ground and JDS wouldn't take it there anyway.

JDS took a D2 wrestling champ down twice... He'd be able to take overeem down whenever he wants.

205lbers were pounding the shit out of overeem - imagine what a HW would do to him when they get on top.

205lber were pounding Overeem when he was a 205lb kid himself...Taking down a bloody, gassed Carwin doesn't mean he takes Overeem down.

With that said I do favor JDS in a fight based on what I saw last night.

Did you not see JDS take Carwin down?

SKARHEAD - 
MMALOGIC - 

205lber were pounding Overeem when he was a 205lb kid himself...Taking down a bloody, gassed Carwin doesn't mean he takes Overeem down.

I would think taking down a gassed Reem would be easier than taking down a gassed Carwin.

lol@comparing Nelson and Carwin, who have each been stopped once, to Overeem who has been stopped seven times with strikes. JDS would jab Overeem's face off.

SKARHEAD - 
MMALOGIC - 

Overeem was gassed worse in the second round than carwin was in the 3rd and there was hardly any activity in Overeem fight.

what's the difference between MMA standup to K-1 level standup besides the small gloves?.. JDS would be a B-level at best in K-1

lol @ 205 Reem. There is a reason he isn't at 205. Real strikers like Lyoto Machida make Reem look like a clown.

Those little gloves make it harder for ubereem to stand there with his hands up and take punches. Werdum was teeing off with straight punches while Reem stood there with his hands up getting tagged in the face through the little gloves. A real striker like JDS would jab through Reem's shitty defense and give him fits.

Nonlinear -  JDS would jab Overeem's face off.

LOL at the K-1 level striking of JDS

Yup JDS would light him up