Jeff Bezos cashes out 3.1 billion of Amazon shares

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markets.businessinsider.com/amp/news/jeff-bezos-sells-billions-amazon-shares-stock-ceo-earnings-billionaire-2020-8-1029478593

He could wipe his ass with 3 bill.

1 Like

He is preparing just in case Biden will win or if Amazon will get in trouble for the antitrust issues 

4 Likes

Corona Crash round 2 imminent? 

At any minute the cancer that is floating around in this country could turn on you, why risk it?  You are that far ahead, cash out and enjoy life without the risk

kungfugrip - 

At any minute the cancer that is floating around in this country could turn on you, why risk it?  You are that far ahead, cash out and enjoy life without the risk

Three billion isn’t cashing out, to Bezos. It’s “buy a private island” or “build the world’s largest megayacht.”

That's like $50 to most people.  Maybe he just wanted to buy a new plane in cash. 

1 Like

I hope Amazon stops trying to fuck over everyone on e-commerce now

It’s part of his contract, he sells several times a year at predetermined times. He uses it to fund Blue Horizons.

Not sure why this gets reported every time it happens with the same conspiracy theories.

4 Likes

When your stock's market cap is 1.62 trillion, 3 billion in shares changing hands barely makes a ripple.

He's been doing this sporadically over the last year or two. Probably part of a prearranged  trading plan.

invalid - It's part of his contract, he sells several times a year at predetermined times. He uses it to fund Blue Horizons.

Not sure why this gets reported every time it happens with the same conspiracy theories.

Because uninformed people get jealous and angry over it which is good for views and retweets

He is moving that cash quickly in other investments not related to cash and stocks.  Probably real estate.

1 Like
Aarin - 

He is moving that cash quickly in other investments not related to cash and stocks.  Probably real estate.

lol shutup

1 Like
invalid - It's part of his contract, he sells several times a year at predetermined times. He uses it to fund Blue Horizons.

This. 

He is using his own money to fund Blue Origin to help further space technology and travel.

I really think humanity will look back on people like Bezos and Musk as real visionaries and pioneers like we do the past great explorers and pioneers of the world. 

https://youtu.be/1YOL89kY8Og

4 Likes

Still a ton of money. Just a ton.

How did you put this together?

i suspected as much but haven’t seen any hard proof 

do you know something I don’t?

TexDeuce - 

This. 

He is using his own money to fund Blue Origin to help further space technology and travel.

I really think humanity will look back on people like Bezos and Musk as real visionaries and pioneers like we do the past great explorers and pioneers of the world. 

like Columbus?

Colby Covid19ington - 
TexDeuce - 

This. 

like Columbus?

Racist!

Fuck amazon. I use it a ton and love its features but fuck them and fuck china. I tried looking for a simple lamp. My search results end up with 100s of the exact same product, same pictures, everything except that there under different company names. You end up being forced to sift through hundreds of results that are the same product, same price, different sellers, all Chinese. 

Its a fucking joke. Similar to Netflix and its neverending amount of shitty shithole Indian movie suggestions.