Jeff Mayweather: UFC wants 80/20 Split w/ Conor

according to Mayweather’s uncle, Jeff, the UFC want a huge slice of the pie.

“80-20 percent,” Mayweather told Eyes on the Game’s Helen Yee. “(Conor) would have to take 20 percent, if he’s allowed to fight. And the one thing is that Dana’s his boss.

“He’ll still make more money than he ever did, but at the same time, that’s very tough pill to swallow.

“If somebody tells you ‘I’m gonna take 80 percent of your money, and you’re the one that’s fighting for it, that’s still a tough pill to swallow. Even if you made more money than you ever did. But, it is what it is.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/603731/Conor-McGregor-Floyd-Mayweather-Dana-White-UFC-News

Not surprised by this

Damn that's rough, I don't even think my employer takes 80% of my production.

If true that's fucked up.  You would think the UFC would try to play it off like they were super generous to all of the fighters by letting him keep a bigger split.  80/20 would make sense though if they stack the rest of the card.

Who will be doing the promoting? May weather or UFC?
It's hard to see how UFC could justify taking that big of a cut even if they're promoting.
If Mayweather is promoting then there's absolutely no way they can justify that split.

209"d@170 - Who will be doing the promoting? May weather or UFC?
It"s hard to see how UFC could justify taking that big of a cut even if they"re promoting.
If Mayweather is promoting then there"s absolutely no way they can justify that split.

Think of what they're accustomed to making off Conor... Conor getting 20% would be the least he's ever been screwed in recent years by the UFC.

When Kovalev fought Ward they were paid 2 and 5 million each. That's 7 million dollars for a PPV that did 160,000 buys.

When Conor fights he does 1,600,000 buys. So he does 10 times what they do in PPV sales. Anyone with half a brain would assume he makes 10 times what they make. Nope, he's lucky to make the same thing theymake for doing one tenth of the numbers he does.

explodin -
209"d@170 - Who will be doing the promoting? May weather or UFC?
It"s hard to see how UFC could justify taking that big of a cut even if they"re promoting.
If Mayweather is promoting then there"s absolutely no way they can justify that split.

Think of what they're accustomed to making off Conor... Conor getting 20% would be the least he's ever been screwed in recent years by the UFC.

When Kovalev fought Ward they were paid 2 and 5 million each. That's 7 million dollars for a PPV that did 160,000 buys.

When Conor fights he does 1,600,000 buys. So he does 10 times what they do in PPV sales. Anyone with half a brain would assume he makes 10 times what they make. Nope, he's lucky to make the same thing theymake for doing one tenth of the numbers he does.

I know that. This is different though. Conor is taking a lot more risk than usual and if UFC aren't the promotors then there's no way they can demand that amount

What did Dana say about the boxing model and boxing promoters? I forget.

Conor's going to get his ass beat if this goes down. Of course the UFC would want a bigger cut after pumping it up.

I guess that split could be partially explained if the UFC as the promoter are covering all the costs of putting on the event and marketing it.

Still that 4billion ain't going to pay it's self back.

4 billion will never pay itself back If you and me wanted to buy the UFC and agree to pay them $100,000 q day it would take us 115 years and we would still owe some. Let alone if interest is running. The money is in the broadcasting deal that will be between 5-7 billion.

BigTedBear - I guess that split could be partially explained if the UFC as the promoter are covering all the costs of putting on the event and marketing it.

Still that 4billion ain't going to pay it's self back.

I think it's more about their potential loses from Conor not fighting specifically on a UFC PPV in MMA. 

If he's still under contract, the UFC should be entitled to their cut but 80%? I'm not so sure and considering that's coming from Jeff Mayweather I wouldn't believe it. I doubt he's privy to any of Floyd's business let alone Conor or the UFCs'.

Another thread on this already

that was never offered and he's full of shit

Mayweather's Uncle? LOL

You are talking Mayweather's Dad's Bro?

LOL

Legit reliable source!!!

LOL

That sounds about 

NorthSouthDinner4Two - Mayweather's Uncle? LOL

You are talking Mayweather's Dad's Bro?

LOL

Legit reliable source!!!

LOL

Image result for uh, what? gif

How is this different?

Do you guys really think the UFC isn't taking at least 80% of all the profits from their fighters now? 

Seems like business as usual. Consider Conor's biggest pay day to date - do you think that constituted a 50/50 split? 

Sounds about right

This argument has been done to death here. The ufc pays their stars like shit relative to star boxers. 

IT is embarrassing how little money Conor makes for how much he brings to the UFC.