Jeff Monson: "We are working on it now"

Not sure how reliable this website is... but we can hope can't we?

http://www.fighters.com/07/22/monson-possible-replacement-for-barnett-versus-fedor-emelianenko#more-1420

“We are working on it now,” a source inside “The Snowman’s” camp told Fighters.com Wednesday afternoon. Monson is excited about the possibility,

Anybody but Belfort please... We must save Vitor Belfort vs Jorge Santiago

Would rather see Belfort.

rather see monson over belfort

sighs better then a middleweight I guess

werdum is better though

Could be a good match, monson have talked about fedor for years.

I'd way rather see Belfort get it.

Card -  Anybody but Belfort please... We must save Vitor Belfort vs Jorge Santiago

This.

I am really looking forward to Vitor-Santiago.  If they pull Vitor out of that fight, they'll end up fucking up two fights rather than just one.

ZZZZZZZ

Not a big fan of the Overgrown Anarchist.  I see a lot of hugging, laying & praying to avoid Fedor's offense as long as possible.  This is not ADCC or it would be more appealing.

I respect Vitor for standing up. Even if it isn't the greatest matchup, it would be more exciting imo, than seeing Monson getting used as punching bag while trying to grab hold of Fedor.

ttt

I think Monson is tailor made for Fedor. Monson poses no risk standing and his only chance to win would be via sub and I would have to see Fedor subbed to believe it's possible.

EnderinAK - 
nofatchicks - I think Monson is tailor made for Fedor. Monson poses no risk standing and his only chance to win would be via sub and I would have to see Fedor subbed to believe it's possible.

Plus Monson does not have good takedowns, at least not for a top level HW grappler.

true, monson would have to do his work off his back, not a good place to be with Fedor.

Monson, Barnett, and Belfort all have approx the same shot to beat Fedor...

Zero.

Would rather see Belfort.

WAR MONSON

I love Jeff Monson, I really do. I just don't get as excited about this as I would if it were Vitor. I'm not sure why

Fight! - Would rather see Belfort.

Agreed! I don't want to see Monson in there, flashbacks to the Sylvia Monson fight are going through my mind. At least Vitor would be interesting for a while.

jjj2121 - Monson, Barnett, and Belfort all have approx the same shot to beat Fedor...

Zero.

Probably, but Vitor is such a wild card that it would be interesting. If he could stun Fedor, he could put him away. I don't think Fedors chins been tested since he fought iron head though.

http://blog.thesavagescience.com/2009/07/22/jeff-monson-also-under-consideration-for-fedor-fight

Our sources suggest that everyone’s favorite fightin’ anarchist, Jeff Monson is also under consideration. Monson said that he was ‘destined’ to beat Fedor awhile back. Maybe this is destiny playing its hand? In any case, we’ll bring you more updates as we get them.