Jens Pulver and Uriah Faber Talk BJ Penn (vid)

tttfl

ttt

someone summarize

Urijah says he thinks he can beat BJ in a decision and that when he trained with BJ he held his own.

Urijah says he is also a lot faster than BJ.

cue the 20 pictures of BJ sitting on top of Urijah in full mount

I don't think Urijah's hands are quicker than BJ's.

The people that think BJ is vulnerable at 155 and under vastly underestimate the people that have beaten BJ.

*Matt Hughes at the end of his prime vs an out of shape BJ.
*GSP - still to be seen but may be the best MMA fighter of all time.

At 155 BJ has been beaten once, and that was in 2002. BJ can and will still beat the shit out of eveyone under 170lbs in the world. Take that shit to the bank.

That being said, I think he could further improve from not being the head man at his training camp. Having someone smarter than him, to tell him what to do would help him immensely. BJ will admit that he's naturally lazy, and in his camp, he's boss. No one will step up to him, and if they do it doesn't matter, he's still boss.

BJ is a FIGHTER, fighting is what he does best. People like Greg Jackson are TRAINERS, training fighters to be great is what they do best. BJ is missing a piece of the puzzle. For a long time, he's gotten by on youth, and pure skill. At some point pretty soon in his career that missing piece is going to catch up with him.

I don't think it will be this year, or maybe even next year, but in 3 years time, it's quite possible. Even likely.

ttt

Faber is dreaming

The Destroyer88 - Sure looks like Urijah "held his own" against BJ. :D

Because of course those 3 photos tell the entire story of their training. I bet you could find 3 photos that make it look like Joe Stevenson was kicking Penn's ass if you wanted to.

bj tapped faber...faber didnt tap penn

faber got ktfo by mike brown

faber is still believing his own hype...incredible

I was there where BJ and Urijah rolled... it was training. In this sport, anything can happen on fight day and thats why we fight. 

urijah needs to worry about his own division and regaining the FW belt before he moves up to fight the champion of a higher weight class. with that said i doubt he will beat mike brown in the rematch, anyways

he doesnt think he can knock him out or submit him so basically his only chance is hoping BJ gasses.

i think hes pretty much correct. i think Bj would finish Faber before the 3rd rd, but who knows. id like to see it though.

caliphornia - urijah needs to worry about his own division and regaining the FW belt before he moves up to fight the champion of a higher weight class. with that said i doubt he will beat mike brown in the rematch, anyways

he wont beat mike brown.

Joe Lauzon - I was there where BJ and Urijah rolled... it was training. In this sport, anything can happen on fight day and thats why we fight. 

Source or stfu

BJ has to change his training routine and get with some other camps to mix things up. He'll never learn anything new stuck in Hilo.