Jens Pulver Q&A: 3:00 P.M. EST FRI

Jens, thank you for taking time to come to the UG to answer questions. Good luck in the future.

Jens,

what are your goals as far as the UFC goes?

Are you still focused on getting your title back?

Who do you want to fight after BJ?

jens.....what you views on the purchase of pride fc? is it good for the sport? and what pride ufc matches would you like to see?

Jens- Thanks for answering my question. Have you seen the Fedor/lindland fight, and if you did, what did you think of the controversy of Fedor grabbing the ropes?

i see myself out of that mix, but still involved helping it become one of the top weight classes.
My goal now in the UFC is one thing, beat BJ. Not sure what will happen after that. If Joe and i rematched, well I hope one day we can make that fight happen and find out. I will tell you one thing. Joe is a stand up guy, class act and i wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Since Matt guest-coached on TUF 5, are you going to return the favor and appear on TUF 6?

Jens, Coming from such a tough camp in MFS, did you take a lot of the training aspects that you have learned throughout the years from the camp and apply it to the Ultimate Fighter 5?

That is one thing that really shocked me with 1st episode hand raising ordeal. It didn't seem to me that a lot of fighters took that into consideration.

Also, I don't think they realized that having you as a coach really allowed you to dip into the MFS talent pool by bringing in fighters such as Jeremy Horn and Matt Hughes.

Jens,

Why do you think the ratings on TUF haven't been as good this year? I think this year is better than last season for sure. What's your take on it?

yeah that rope grab was messed up, but i dont see that as anything but prolonging the outcome. Fedor is bad.

Yeah i Do want to open a gym, I had a great time coaching and dont feel so bad about moving into that field. UFC buying Pride is fine with me, the sport is growing and they gonna be seperate, as long as we get to see one all star fight night or something. i mean Wanderlei and chuck would still be good. Dan Henderson to me probably the best 185 and top 205, i just like to see him fight period.

Jens, I met you when I was with Forrest at the IFC in denver (where he lost to Horn)---you don't remember, but I will say you are by far one of the coolest dudes in the fight scene.  I only introduced myself and talked for a min, but you are one of the real guys.

thanks for being true to yourself and good to the fans!  I remember when you were starting, back on Shamrock 2000 team! lol

Thanks and Good Luck!

Jens,

On a side note of the show. I would like to hear your take on the new up and coming generation of MFS fighters such as Markham, McGivern, Mike C, Rothwell, Bartimus, McFedries, and feel free to add anyone else that people may not know too much about at this point.

Jens, I'm a huge fan of yours and would like to know if you know where I can get a copy of your book. All the chapters stores are sold out here in Quebec.

yeah corey is training with us at the moment. the ratings are down cause I am not sure, maybe people are just TUF'ed out. as for me being a coach, yeah i tried to create the same atmosphere that i have in the MFS Gym, and knew coming in i was gonna bring the guys from my team in to help. Of course i will help Matt in any way possible, he wants me to come out and hang on TUF 6 then i am there. i walked into this show with one fear and that was, what could i offer these guys and would they really care. that is why the hand raising hit me so hard. it was at that moment I became a coach, i knew how to help my team, just had to be pushed into doing it.

Hey Jens

Big fan of yours, in and outside the ring

recently read your book, would love to get it signed someday, you ever make it out to the Bay Area, CA anymore?

Glad you are getting some exposure with TUF.

Good luck with your upcoming fight.

thanks for taking the time to get on here

I have attended 2 UFCs in the past, and I will make sure you are fighting next time I see one live

Go to the web site, www.jenspulver.com. there is a new book called Never, its exactly what i was hoping would be written about where i am at now in my life.

bart gets better everyday, look forward to watching him fight every time. ben rothwell is mean. Mcgivern hardest worker in the gym, rory is the brawler after my own heart. drew, tough as nails glad he is getting his shot. mike C good grappler and coming well rounded more and more every day. spencer of course is someone i am trying to be like. josh neer still tearing it up. i mean the list can keep on going.

Franki, yeah been awhile huh, shamrock2000 ah damn its been a long while lol

good insight on the hand raising incident, honest insight, you are growing on me. i might be a new fan.

Jessica Alba or Jessica Biel.

jens would i be able to come up to iowa and train with you guys?

Lauzon said he would have listened and learned what he could if he was on your team. Did you consider picking Joe for your team?

Jens - who's going to win: Chuck or Rampage?

also, biggest tool ever on TUF - gabe or noah (leaving the show for some broad he knew for 6 months)?

sincerely,

ODB