Jeremy Camp

I've been listening to his new album now for a while. He's got a good voice, powerful lyrics and a good sound all in all. Well I just learned that he was dating a girl after graduating from seminary and she suddenly broke up with him to "spend more time with the Lord b/c she felt He was preparing her for something."

A short while later, he was called in to the hospital to see Melissa. She was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and given a not soo healthy prognosis. Jeremy left feeling confused but had realized his love for her. He told God that if God wanted him to marry Melissa, she'd have to tell Jeremy that she loved him. Something neither of them had done during their dating. At their next visit, she did just that. Jeremy took some time to pray and fast and proposed to her the next visit as she was undergoing chemotherapy and had lost most of her hair. A few months later her hair was growing back and they were married b/f a thousand of their friends and family. On their honeymoon, Melissa began having stomach problems and rushed back the their doctor.

On Feb. 5, 2001, Melissa went to be with the Lord. As she took her last breath, Jeremy stood with her family and began worshipping God singing the same songs they had played so often for Melissa during her hospital stays. "I didn't want to do it," he says, "but I knew I was learning something about obedience."
Melissa's life and death changed Jeremy's perspective on the music he makes. "Watching Melissa go to Heaven made me realize what's important. Music is not my life. Christ is my life. The only thing that really matters is what we do for Jesus on this Earth, and as a result of what I've been through, I express even more the goodness of God and how faithful He is."

One of those songs that reflects that perspective is "I Still Believe," the first song Camp wrote after Melissa's death, a declaration of faith from one who has walked through the fire. Also included on his BEC debut is "Walk by Faith," a tune he composed on their honeymoon. Looking back now, Camp feels God knew he'd need that musical reminder in the months to follow. "I didn't know what the song was for at the time, but I look at the words now and I can see God was preparing me for the path I'm now walking."

That song "I still believe" is truly a powerful song to me. I didn't realize though that he had written it just after his wife had passed away. I've gained some more respect for this artist and music.

If you get a chance, check out some of his music.

Puzzled

"I still believe"

Scattered words and empty thoughts

Seem to pour from my heart

I've never felt so torn before

Seems i dont know where to start

But its now i feel your grace fall like rain

From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness

I still believe in your truth

I still believe in your holy word

Even when I dont see I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind

With promises i still seem to bear

Even when answers slowly unwind

It's my heart I see you prepare

But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain

From every fingertip washing away my pain

The only place I can go is into your arms

Where I throw to you my feeble prayers in brokeness

I can see that this is your will for me

Help me to know you are near

double post

comedian,

I've been there myself bro.

I Like Jeremy Camp, I've seen him live...very powerful. Did you know that he's now engaged to the lead singer of The Benjamin Gate.

yours in Christ

sherm

No I didn't know that PastorSherm. That's cool.