Jeremy Stephens dropping to 145

Didn't see this coming but there are some fun matchups for him at 145. Who should fight Stephens in his FW debut? Phone Post

I don't see this going well for him. Fw is a shark tank of talented fighters and faster athletes than lw. Stevens is already a big guy at lw it seems, not sure how he can cut weight and still perform at his best Phone Post

Didn't he get cut? not sure what 145's are out of the UFC

I'll watch him fight at any weight. That guy brings it no matter what. Would've loved to see him fight Hominick.

My vote is to have him fight Cub. Phone Post

Lahzerous - Didn't he get cut? not sure what 145's are out of the UFC

Sorry didn't post link but article states dropping to UFC's FW division.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/jeremy-stephens-plans-drop-to-ufcs-featherweight-division-in-early-2013

UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG! - 
Lahzerous - Didn't he get cut? not sure what 145's are out of the UFC

Sorry didn't post link but article states dropping to UFC's FW division.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/jeremy-stephens-plans-drop-to-ufcs-featherweight-division-in-early-2013 Phone Post

Ah damn good for him! Don't know why i thought he was cut. Time to put the crack pipe down........

Lahzerous - Didn't he get cut? not sure what 145's are out of the UFC

Why comment, when you have 0 clue about the subject..?

Maybe give him Cody? The guy needs a win lol Phone Post

I don't think this will end well for him.

He already has trouble catching up with the quicker LWs.  That problem will only be exacerbated with the move to FW.

Seems like an odd move to me but I'm a big fan so best if luck to him! Phone Post

It'll be an easy cut, I'll train harder and perform even better! I'm not a big guy and my body fat isn't low.Test cut shouldn't be a problem in a couple weeks, then will be looking to reinvent myself in all aspects. Maybe I can double dip with LW too, who knows. I'll have it all figured out soon enough. More importantly, getting this criminal case dismissed (since I had nothing to do with it) will help my career the most.

Thanks for those of you that support me. I couldn't do it without you!

- Jeremy "Lil Heathen" Stephens

www.twitter.com/LilHeathenMMA

www.facebook.com/LilHeathenMMA

www.LilHeathenMMA.com 

^WAR Lil Heathen!

smart choice. the lightweights are bigger and there is so many. it's too stacked. he will do better there. Phone Post

Good luck. Glad to hear you are doing it the right way with a test cut.

RobinVanRooney - 

He should have freakish power at 145 Phone Post

Yep, if the weight cut doesnt kill him, I think he will do just fine at FW

Good Luck Jeremy

Jeremy , are you just going to diet down more and cut the same amount of water or just cut more water ? Excited to see you knock some 45ers out Phone Post

Good luck Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I don't see this going well for him. Fw is a shark tank of talented fighters and faster athletes than lw. Stevens is already a big guy at lw it seems, not sure how he can cut weight and still perform at his best Phone Post

Better than being cut. and if he has success it would revive his career.  Mike brown and omigawa couldnt win at 155... they cut and all of sudden became top 5 with one being a world champ.

Dropping a weight class is saving him from being cut IMO.

Either way he should have alien power at that weight class I can't imagine how strong he would be down there. Phone Post

there's a big migration of lw's going down.  Edgar and Guida are set to go down.

if cerrone loses, he'll probably cut down as well.  Barboza initially wanted to fight at 145 but was brought into the ufc at 155.

if jim miller loses to louzan maybe he can make 145.

if Melendez isnt successful at 155 in the ufc he can go down.

LW's are gonna soon look like welterweights with guys like maynard, bendo, tibau, etc...