Jerry Millen: Fedor Will Fight Lesnar For Free

I think the point is, he'll do a single fight for free. He won't sign a long term contract.

The UFC isn't interested in signing someone for a single fight, they want employees. Fedor seems to prefer to be self-employed. Neither needs the other, so neither has any reason to compromise, and so both are left with making odd statements that no one takes seriously (ie Fedor not even a top 10 heavyweight, or Fedor will fight for free).

There's nothing particularly unusual about any of this, business deals fall apart all the time. Microsoft and Apple computers have made a few deals, but far more have fallen through. That doesn't mean that either Jobs or Gates are afraid of the other, or evil, it just means that both are primarily businessmen. Same thing here between M-1 and the UFC ... they're in it for the money.

JERRY MILLEN IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST HANGERS-ON I'VE EVER SEEN.

MOTHERFUCKER KILLED PRIDE WITH HIS SHIT - ASK BAS RUTTEN

HAVE TO LAUGH AT THE CUNT "come to Stary Oskol" LOLOLOL I HOPE HE FREEZES TO DEATH IN STARY FUCKING OSKOL HANGING OFFA FEDOR'S NUTZ. PRICK

i think millen brings up some good points and the bottom is simple... why not do it for free..how easy can it get from this.. there is no excuse or reason (under those terms) it cant be done.

I think it's disgusting that fighters get paid in the first place.  Whatever happned to fighting for honor and glory?

What an idiot.

Of course it's not just about money.

It's about money and control.

This guy talks like he just got off the bus from stupidtown.

"The fighters in the UFC are great, but the UFC, to me, is the WWE model," Millen said. "They want to own the guys. They have their own rankings. There's a lot of fighters out there that are undiscovered that don't get a chance to fight in the UFC, so they're not going to get ranked because they're not going to fight the guy that's ranked No. 4.

This is absolutely spot-on.  Dana White is running a sports-entertainment promotion; once you view his actions in this light, much of his nonsensical claims and statements make much more sense.

Sometimes co-promotion is the way to see the best fighters fight each other.

Even Bob Arum and Don King co-promoted fights and they hate each other.

what is this Rocky 4?

Willie Duit - Sometimes co-promotion is the way to see the best fighters fight each other.

Even Bob Arum and Don King co-promoted fights and they hate each other.
Boxing is not pro-wrestling. 

This is the perfect time for Brock vs Fedor...

Even better than when Fedor was a free agent...

Hot off the CBS buzz and with all eyes on his next move...

DO IT!!! FEDOR VS LESNAR, LIVE from Stary Oskol, or heck even Moscow or somewhere big....

TheBear228 - 
Trooper Soul - you can like or dislike the guy for some nerdy personal reasons, but jerry millen is an accomplished professional and usually nails it

The guy is a walking roll of douche, that is why people dislike him.

So, you afre basically agreeing with TS on this one.

Like him or hate him, he is a very smart man.  Also, in this case at least, he is very correct.

i would wagger that a 1 event deal between the 2 orgs could be arranged, lets see a battle royale!

mexican jujitsu - BOOSH, and or KA-KOW! put up or shut up. Do it Brock, i'm sure they have coors in the whambulance for the cry home.

blue63 - If Fedor will fight for free, then what's stopping HIM from going to Vegas and fighting Brock/Cain/Mir/Whoemever for free at a UFC event?
Maybe he'd rather be back at home.  He's already traveled to the US for his last fight, how about someone from the US reciprocate?

If Fedor is willing to fight for free, then why does M1 want to co-promote?

I'm sure Dana would offer Fedor a 1 time non-title fight with someone like Carwin or Cain.

Did anyone hear what Millen had to say on ESPN 1100?

OMG what a fag. He is such a douchebag it makes me sick.

BRB gonna find the interview. I forgot where it was.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ncaasteve#p/a/u/0/k7Cl08WtUAg

Blue please. thank you

blue63 - 
Up With Evil - 
blue63 - If Fedor will fight for free, then what's stopping HIM from going to Vegas and fighting Brock/Cain/Mir/Whoemever for free at a UFC event?
Maybe he'd rather be back at home.  He's already traveled to the US for his last fight, how about someone from the US reciprocate?

It's HIS management running their mouths about how Fedor will fight for free in a one time deal..
And I think they were quite specific over where the free fight would take place.  Fedor is the greatest heavyweight in the history of the sport, there's certainly no need for him to be jet-setting around the world to fight for free when he's already generously offered to fight for free in his home town.

In fairness to Millen who according to Bas is a scumbag(i'm inclined to believe Bas). He really doesn't come off as half th doucehbag that Dana White does in his comments regarding Fedor.

In this challenge he doesn't make any disparaging remarks about Brock or Mir as fighters. He just calls them out on their bullshit claims that Fedor is ducking UFC talent.

So far everyone Fedor has been "ducking" has ended up on the wrong end of a decisive beatdown.

Obviously it's not an issue of money or contract... I mean, Fedors management just said he would do a one time fight for no compensation.

It appears he's willing to one fight for free, whereas the UFC will only let him fight if he signs a long term contract. As well, I think the stipulation is that no one gets paid. Perhaps Dana will counter that Fedor should just go to Minnesota and fight in Lesnar's gym, that way everyone's happy ... no one gets paid, no once has to sign a contract.

But of course, everyone is just talking PR on all sides.