Jesse Taylor looks to prove himself by kicking ass

With all the hype surrounding the main Strikeforce card on Saturday, a quite compelling Challengers event is going under the radar on Friday.

Odd scheduling but some good fights; one of them being Jesse Taylor vs. Luke Rockhold.

We caught up with him to get his take on the Hieron fight, this one and his career.

Taking the fight in such a manner after they had lost Nick Diaz did Strikeforce a major favour and Jesse echoed those sentiments.

"I feel I did them a big favor in fighting a top ten fighter on four days notice and just want my respect."

He did get that respect from his peers and fans as he continues to progress and establish himself as a high-level fighter. He is assured that only one thing will ultimately get you to where you want to be in this sport:

"In this game you just gotta prove yourself by kicking ass so that's the plan."

Next on his ass kicking agenda is Luke Rockhold at the Strikeforce Challengers event at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California on Friday. Jesse revealed that he has had a great camp and feels as confident as ever with a full preparation behind him, announcing, "I plan to dictate the fight."

Check out the full thing here:

www.mmaunltd.com/feature-detail.asp/NewsID/1007/jesse-taylor-looks-to-prove-himself-by-kicking-ass.htm

Rockhold by TKO

Fuck that ^^ JT$ any way he wants it!

thebravebull - Fuck that ^^ JT$ any way he wants it!

Dude....he got choked out by CB.....CB the fake tapper himself. As long as JT can go 15 minutes without pissing himself I think we all win.

Gonna be a good fight I reckon, as is Evangelista vs. Gurgel.

He's a good fighter. hope he wins.

Me too - he's paid his dues now I think!

I like Taylor, but Rockhold is going to win by choke. That guy does not fuck around on the mat

Taylor is no slouch on the mat!

That was one sided,another lackluster fight by JT.Good prediction Smoogy

Taylor did well early, but Rockhold's technical skills are on another level. He has Jake Shields-type talent

u can't fuck with rockhold

Rockhold looked great, well done!

yeah boyeeeeeee

Another good fighter comes out of the wood work in the scene. Oh my!

Rockhold made it look easy..

smoogy - Taylor did well early, but Rockhold's technical skills are on another level. He has Jake Shields-type talent

Really? I thought Jesse looked incredibly one dimensional. And Rockhold may be very good, but comparing him to Shields is a bit premature.

solidsnake - Another good fighter comes out of the wood work in the scene. Oh my!
Perhaps you are just a bit behind.

Anyways they were both even matched heading into this, but clearly the difference in this was superior training of AKA compared to Team Quest.  Just the way I see it.

This fight was good to start off the event.

I love how Jesse Taylor said he was going to stand up, and the first thing he did was look for a takedown.