Jesus change your gloves already UFC

Does someone literally have to lose an eye?

8 Likes

I saw no pokes on the undercard. Repeat offender DC first in the main event. 

Stipe may have just been throwing one back. 

yes I believe the gloves could be improved but certain fighters are prone to these fouls because of their bad habits

Stipe looked like he eye poked himself with DCs hand. DC had his hand extended before Stipe seemed to just lung into it.

ThatsHowIRoll -

yes I believe the gloves could be improved but certain fighters are prone to these fouls because of their bad habits

Have you ever worn a pair of genuine Pride, Dream or Rizin gloves?

If you poke someone in the eye while wearing those, it should be an immediate point deduction. That is how less likely it will be to actually get a finger in someones eye.

1 Like

2 Likes

![Pride glove vs UFC glove : MMA](upload://i0LqfgwdLoFPHMY1z120Dc05VHl.jpeg)

9 Likes
teamwilkes -
ThatsHowIRoll -

If you poke someone in the eye while wearing those, it should be an immediate point deduction. That is how less likely it will be to actually get a finger in someones eye.

No I actually haven’t. The gloves I’ve used (9 years ago) were either same/similar to ufc gloves or worse. I need to have a look clearly

that said I think there is a significant behavioural element

2 Likes
cyberc92 - 

The ones on the left (Pride I’m assuming), they look much harder to sink chokes tho.

It's ridiculous that they don't move to curled gloves 

teamwilkes -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Yeah those gloves are so much fucking better its crazy 

1 Like
Wasa-B -
cyberc92 - 

The ones on the left (Pride I’m assuming), they look much harder to sink chokes tho.

Yeah there were hardly any submissions in Pride 

Wasa-B -
cyberc92 - 

Not any harder. I own several pairs of genuine Pride gloves and I have spent considerable time training in them and Rizin gloves. BJJ is always a little harder with gloves but I didn’t notice any real difference between them and Century gloves (UFC, WEC).

I honestly don’t  understand why the UFC wont address this.

It’s an easy change that would make the sport safer and more fun to watch. What is the problem?

![](upload://nDIyWTG11HJHdhhP5ve8Bnj4lvK.jpeg)

slaughteringyou - 

I honestly don’t  understand why the UFC wont address this.

It’s an easy change that would make the sport safer and more fun to watch. What is the problem?

Someones getting a kickback?

Jesus wears whatever gloves he wants!

Trevor Wittman has some amazing gloves that Dana likes. From the discussion around it on JRE, the UFC won't just license the technology, they want to own it so they're at an impasse. 

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/kRGupKJ8Hbs

I'd really recommended watching/listening to the JRE with Trevor. The weight of the UFC gloves is highly inconsistent, not curved for your hand, uses shitty foam, causes your hand to be semi open (preventing a natural fist) and doesn't support your your wrist as well.  Whereas the ONX glove addresses all those issues. 

https://youtu.be/kRGupKJ8Hbs

Watch at 1:28. Seriously, his gloves seem way better. 

![](upload://TTjOgQn5ihFtlU4hpQ2QN081G3.jpeg)

1 Like