Jim Carrey movies

My intoxicated roomie is watching Fun with Dick and Jane laughing his ass off at what I find to be one of the least entertaining piles of shit that Jim Carrey has ever made. I liked his old stuff when I was younger and more easily entertained. This movie makes me want to punch stuff. Did Jim Carrey make anything worthwhile after this or has he been sucking cocks ever since?

He went too far out on the ledge.

You never go FULL retard.

2 Likes

Weird. I own the DVD & don't remember a frame of it.

Philip Morris was pretty good but definitely not to the OG's taste.

I liked it. 

I liked Once Bitten growing up. That was 9 years before he was Ace Ventura though. 

3 Likes

DaveFu -

I liked Once Bitten growing up. That was 9 years before he was Ace Ventura though. 

Totally fucking forgot about that one. Definitely due for another viewing. Thanks for the reminder.

Thai Dye -

I liked it. 

I'd like to think you're a good person.

Yes man

1 Like

So underage high school guys could get laid in 1980's Hollywood?

Yeah, Kevin Spacey was in town back then!! 

Wait..WHAT? 

1 Like

There were bits and pieces that I found funny but over all it was a dud. I can’t help but laugh when he has the voice changer on and he’s dancing & making noises in front of the tied up home owner. And “I’m being idicted?!?” too.  “Yes Man” was pretty good which was after that but nothing amazing. I feel like most of his movies he stars in now are an idea they have for a movie first with his wackiness forced into it. His best moves were based on his wacky characters. 

2 Likes

DaveFu -

I remember seeing that again years later after he got big and for the life of me never remembered him being in it from my youth. I was so fucking confused because I thought another actor played in it when I had first seen it.

He looked a lot like white C Thomas Howell back then. 

Ha, I literally just finished watching the cable guy. First time i've seen it in years. I'm not sure how I feel about it

Comedy legend imo. 

He's dropped too much acid over the years and he's too open with his politics but that doesn't take away from his past entertainment.

" for the life of me never remembered him being in it from my youth. I was so fucking confused because I thought another actor played in it when I had first seen it."

I still remembered him from Duck Factory when he showed up on In Living Color.

Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind is his best work, imo...

Great screenplay too...

Charlie Kaufman is an incredible writer...

I can't stand JC anymore though... way too fucking political and he seems to have lost his shit...

Plus the whole girlfriend killing herself thing and that whole mess kind of takes the fun out of Ace Ventura...

BarkLikeADog - " for the life of me never remembered him being in it from my youth. I was so fucking confused because I thought another actor played in it when I had first seen it."

I still remembered him from Duck Factory when he showed up on In Living Color.

In living color is where I first saw him...

I remember Jennifer Lopez being a fly girl too...

I've only ever liked 2 Jim Carey movies: Dumb 'n Dumb'r and Cable Guy  But they are both in my top 10 comedies ever.

Everything else he's done is pretty unwatchable, IMO.

DiscipleDojo -

I've only ever liked 2 Jim Carey movies: Dumb 'n Dumb'r and Cable Guy  But they are both in my top 10 comedies ever.

Everything else he's done is pretty unwatchable, IMO.

If you say you didn't like the Ace Venturas I don't think we can be friends anymore