Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira UFC 124

Wow, what a match up!  Dayum

Damn, they are throwing him to the wolves early. I think Jim takes this but Charles has incredible potential, I'm pulling for him.

Wow, huge step up.

They're giving Oliveira the Paulo Thiago treatment? Jesus.

I like both these guys. Think Miller will take this though, too much experience, and he's very well-rounded.

Don't know why they take it so incredibly slow with some guys like Jon Jones, but are giving super-prospect Oliveira a road like this. I think Oliveira should be at least a couple fights away from fighting a guy like Miller.

I definitely don't think he is getting the Paulo Thiago treatment haha. He got a newcomer in his first fight, Efrain is a great second fight and this fight with Jim will be very rough.

But Paulo got Koscheck, Fitch, Swick and Kampmann for four of his first five UFC fights! 

Damn. Great matchup. Gotta go with Mini Miller.

miller is a tough fight but charles muay thai and reach will give miller a lot of problems. also on the ground i give oliveira the advantage.

Too quick of a step up for the 20 year old Oliveira. Would have liked to see them groom him a bit more.

With Miller on a 5 fight win streak a win over Oliveira though nice isnt going to put him much closer to a title shot

Good match-up even if it is early for Oliveira. Going with Miller in this one.

Oh, man, what a match-up!!

Good fight...but I'll take the Miller Bros x2 in Montreal

Awesome matchup and will be an extremely exciting fight! Could go either way imo Phone Post

Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.

LambertCFMMA - Really looking forward to this fight. I'm going with Oliveira. More technical striking and a very active ground game. As much as I like Miller, he did have some trouble with Bocek and Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's.

This

I don't think they're throwing him to the wolves. I think they see the same monster potential I do. Agreed with a post way above too, Oliveira's reach is gonna give Miller trouble.

GREAT match up...I don't think we've seen the half of Oliveira's game.

I don't know if Oliveira's ground game is better than Bocek's. Perhaps he has the more dangerous guard, but Bocek had far superior wrestling, and it was the wrestling that was the main source of Miller's problems. Miller was ending up on bottom.

I think Miller has good enough BJJ to avoid getting subbed. And his boxing is very good, with good power as well.

Very interesting fight of technical boxer/wrestler with sub defense vs. technical muay thai/BJJ guy. But I really wish they were giving Oliveira someone easier. This isn't a good fight for Miller either, because Oliveira is dangerous but a win over him doesn't do much for him.

Great matchup, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Should be a great fight but doesnt really make sense for miller. Winning wont get him too much closer to a title fight while losing will put him way out of contention.

Jimmy has the better ground of the two.

Lol, If I was a cynical man I'd say that the reason is because Jon Jones is an American.

I cannot wait for this, what a great fight.

Great fight, Miller's a beast but I wouldn't count Oliveira out. Phone Post