Jiri OUT of 282, Glover Turns Down Replacement, Anklaev vs Blachowicz IN

And apparently Jiri vacated the title.

1 Like

what a shit show. thanks for the news. even though it’s bad.

9 Likes

The Office No GIF

3 Likes

They should make Francis vacate the belt if he’s only fighting once a year.

18 Likes

Must be something that would keep Jiri out of action for a while, or possible permanently. I’m guessing that Glover is going to wait for a title fight with a full camp.

1 Like

NICE. This is the way it should have been all along.

You know it’s funny everyone’s been on here shitting on Pierra and Bisping as being the worst 185 champ ever. The worst 205 champ is certainly Glover or Jiri. That fight was fun as fuck to watch, but it was hilariously bad.

Ankalaev is going to rule the division for a while. Love watching that guy strike.

2 Likes

Jiri appears to be an honorable person, a true martial artist based apon his presentation on the countdown program. Probably believes that he will be the champion again.

10 Likes

Ankalaev definitely deserves a title shot IMO

4 Likes

So bizzare he vacated the title.

1 Like

He is not honorable in a stupid American way, he is strategic but at the same time takes on the hardest challenge. Jiri knows that the division needs to keep moving along even if that means giving up his belt

Makes me wonder what happened to him.

3 Likes

Finally found a write up. Shoulder injury apparently.

" As a result of the scratch, Prochazka has vacated the UFC light heavyweight title, according to the report, and the UFC has promoted a light heavyweight fight between ex-champ Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankaleav to the main event of the Dec. 10 pay-per-view, which takes place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

According to ESPN.com, Prochazka suffered a “severe orthopedic injury” and, according to his reps and the UFC, elected to give up the belt so the light heavyweight division could move on. The nature of the injury could possibly require up to one year of recovery time.

A person close to Prochazka, who declined to be named publicly due to the sensitivity of the fighter’s situation, confirmed the injury was to the now ex-champ’s shoulder. The person said the injury will require surgery and added it “will be a long road back unfortunately.”"

4 Likes

I read severe shoulder injury, so it’ll probably be at least a year, but still, champions never vacate over a single injury.

3 Likes

Should just coach TUF then fight Chael in 10 months

4 Likes

Why isnt this a title fight?

Because an American organization promoting a title fight between Blanchovoshwitsch vs Ankylosaurus is an abomination.

2 Likes

doesnt want to hold the belt up, respectfully thats awesome to the others.

10 Likes

It is awesome and also odd.

More to the story or just really good guy Jiri confident he’ll get it right back?

could of been pressure from the UFC. who knows until we hear his story I guess. im sure hes confident tho

1 Like

What a shitty main event for a ppv card :joy: might as well turn this into a fight night. But they won’t do that and this will sell 75k buys :joy: :wastebasket:

1 Like