Jiu Jitsu Documentaries?

We have the recently released Birth of Vale Tudo and the forthcoming one on Roger but what other ones are there are worth watching aside from Choke and Legacy?

not really documentaries but the arte suave 1 and 2 are worth watching.

link to the full versions?

Day of the Zen with Mario Sperry

the little known Gracie Barra doc that follows Marcio Feitosa in the old gracie barra in Rio

Arte Sauve 1 & 2

Rolled Up episodes with Budo Jake

all found on torrents

Thanks guy. VTFU for qucik responses.

Watched most of the Rolled Up series.  The short films by BJJ Hacks are pretty good, should of mentioend the, before.

There was an earlier Roger Gracie documentary called "grapple" or something like that. It wasn't very good overall but there were some high points Phone Post 3.0

Baroquen Record - not really documentaries but the arte suave 1 and 2 are worth watching.
Vote up, THIS Phone Post 3.0

Dengue Fever Phone Post 3.0

I'm guessing you ran out of Stuart Cooper and BJJ Hacks films before you posted this :)

Another web docu-series was "The Grappling Dummy" which was based in Japan. The Megumi Fujii ep was by far the best, but I liked a few others. I remember Yuki Nakai's as OK, and Tatsuya Onose (Purebred REDIPS) was pretty good. Unfortunately, Aoki and Imanari basically made a joke out of their interviews IIRC

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu ep of "Fight Quest" was uploaded to YouTube again recently if you missed it

On DVD? Among the bonus features of the "Smashing Machine" documentary was a short documentary about Renzo Gracie, which was pretty good. It's been about ten years since it came out but I'd say "Smashing Machine" is still the best MMA documentary ever.

Mike Fowler's "Hafa Adai" lifestyle DVD, about his move to Guam, is a lot of fun if you're into something a little different.

I'd forgotten the smashing machine extra on Renzo, is it the one in the pool and the locker room at one of the Pride events? Phone Post

That's in Smashing Machine, yeah. The bonus documentary has Renzo at home, then training Muay Thai and jiu-jitsu leading up to the Otsuka fight. I think it's called "Fight Day"

Then there are deleted scenes with him and his kids, training cops, and more. Yeah, it's pretty cool!

I am really surprised that someone has not done a film along the lines of Arte Suave that covers US (CA, NY, etc) and global BJJ. The first one sets the gold standard IMO.

Sub Phone Post

What happened to the producers of Arte Suave? No more new episodes?

krept - I am really surprised that someone has not done a film along the lines of Arte Suave that covers US (CA, NY, etc) and global BJJ. The first one sets the gold standard IMO.

That little Jeff Glover series... Glovers travels was cool while it lasted. Kind of similar maybe.

Shame it didn't continue.

Hywel Teague - Also I'd like to add Ask a Black Belt to the list. Not really a documentary as such, more a web series, but I really enjoyed it
Is this anywhere online? Phone Post 3.0

Drysdale doc from adcc 09 by bobby razak (I think)

Film about roger coming out next week in the UK Phone Post

Drysdale documentary on his superfight with Jacare

You should check out allthingsBJJ <br /><br />Here are a link to Carlson Gracie Sr. documentary

http://youtu.be/kd3vHYs7OaM

http://youtu.be/p5gbAHeyQ9I

up for the docs posted and for future docs!!!!!