Jiu-Jitsu Girls

Angelo is your GF Jessica Ross? You lucky bastard!

I am very luck as well, Christy, my girl friend for almost 5 years has been training 2 years and already has numerous titles as a grappler. She attends pretty much every class including seminars, small group classes with Relson & more.

id hate to train with my wife. that would be a nightmare. i dont want to work out with her, i dont want to see her in a gi on the mat when im brawling, nothing.

at best i'd be able to handle teaching her, but never traning with her. i have a hard enough time training with women period. not strong enough, not realistic to what i deal with in a tournament.. at best i'll work-out with a woman during my off/rest rounds or during warm-ups.

that being said. my wife is amazing. she supports me through and through and she has no desire in the world to be on the mat training with me in the first place. she hardly likes to watch me practice becuase it stinks in the dojo. =)

-resnick

wtf pics?

Jiu-Jitsu chicks rock!

And yes WTF pics!

deach-

yeah, that's her!

Jess and Caique...

Angelo is lucky. I am jealous of you man... :)

"How long have your boyfriend and you been training?"

Fat Buddha, my boyfriend and I don't train together. He's trained in several things over the course of several years and is doing Hapkido, but hasn't yet settled on that permanently. His longest MA stint was in White Tiger Kenpo. I tried several martial arts about 5 years ago and ended up in BJJ 3 years ago. We were both martial arts junkies who'd tried several things, and that kindof cemented us early on.

We actually met the first time in a martial arts class in Illinois, although I didn't remember him at all from that. Later we were both living in Texas and he approached me in a Walmart at 2am and asked me if I used to train at the school in IL. It was really weird, because I didn't recognize him, and I still don't remember him training with me in IL.

We argue a little about that, but its mostly joking and exaggerated...like me making fun of his books on chi, and him making fun of me for thinking that having the back is good when you can still be wristlocked from there. I get the BS from his friends/classmates; not him. We went to a holiday party with his Hapkido buddies, and one of his instructors was really condescending and obnoxious to me. The guy said something like, "Please tell me honey that you're not taking THAT for self-defense!", was putting down BJJ, and trying to get me into his school to take his TKD-based women's self-defense course.

LOL, I wouldn't ask my instructor to waste his time like that, esp on someone 35lbs beneath him. I do respect Hapkido overall, my boyfriend's classmates are very serious about it and many of them are cops. He probably could wrist lock me when I had his back. But law of probability says I probably won't get attacked by a 3rd degree Hapkido black belt, so that doesn't bother me particularly.

I'm not married. My boyfriend likes watching UFCs and especially going to local fight shows with me. However, he doesn't like watching tapes of old events like I do.

ttt

ttt

Popofski you lucky bastard!!!!!

:)

It's cool that Tap Me and her boyfriend respect each other's martial arts enough that they can maintain their relationship. Good lesson for some folks.

i should be working...

when i met my g/f just over two years ago she couldnt do one push up and could barely do a situp. the first day she trained she almost puked outside my school (until i pulled her back inside by her hair and told her "we dont get tired")

she never quit and came ready to train every single day

over 500 hours of bjj training (and one accidental black eye) later, she is an awesome bjj blue belt competitor. (shes got a collection of about a dozen or so bjj medals) she can tie all of our lightweight guys into human pretzels and can do more pushups and situps than most guys i know

she weighs 100 lbs soaking wet. she was my primary training partner for the pan ams (and other competitions). she boxes, thai boxes and wrestles too. shes smart, fun, cute, always attacking me and always wanting to wrestle.

she has always been there for me and my best friend through all of the challenges ive faced over the past two years (there have been a lot). i am the luckiest jackass in the whole world to have a girl this awesome.

i love you babe.

(let the ridicule begin)

fayg...LOL, j/k :)

I was laughing at the part where you said "one accidental black eye". I myself have given her more injuries than anyone else has. If it weren't BJJ, I would be arrested for domestic abuse.

Like the time I showed her the new "trick" I learned in Muay Thai. Unfortunately, I forgot to explain to her exactly what I was doing before I spun around and elbowed her right in the nose. She dropped to the floor w/ blood coming out of BOTH nostrils. She didn't think it was too funny that I raised my hands and celebrated my first KO.

dammit half pint - I hate you. But seriously, good for you bro, sounds like you are a very lucky man.

actually, ZeSaku, that info needs to be updated...that would actually put me into the double digits w/ victories at TEN!!! :)