Jiu-Jitsu Heaven

LOL @ "The facilities alone are worth that much."

"wow bro, this is a great room, how much for me to just stand here?"

Unlimited is $260 from a recent email I got from Gracie Academy about a week ago...  and IMO it is more than worth it...

RobbieH -  Unlimited is $260 from a recent email I got from Gracie Academy about a week ago...  and IMO it is more than worth it...

Wow, they lowered there prices from the last time i was there. 260 is a real deal. I've trained at places where the training wasn't nearly as good for 250$ and above. Go in and try a class yourself. Im pretty sure the first class is still free.

And that Academy is AMAZING>.. The atmosphere looks great, lots of friendly guys that love Jiu Jitsu. I'm actually glad that Ryron and Rener are carrying on and teaching the Jiu Jitsu that Helio meant it to be, which is for the street and self defense first and foremost... Now that I am almost back on my feet I am planning a trip out to train after I can do a few sales events and get some cash together and get back in decent rolling shape hopefully around January or February.. :), something I have been planning since before my accident sidelined me.  

bulletmagnet - Put it this way, you don't like the price, take your broke ass somewhere else. Their grandfather made jiu jitsu. The jiu jitsu is much purer from them rather than a gym down the road. This is authentic gracie jiu jitsu. 

I always enjoy arguments that state that anyone objecting to something being overpriced is broke or cheap. Bullshit. And Helio Gracie didn't invent BJJ, Carlos did. So their Grand-Uncle created BJJ. And the "Pure BJJ" argument is such a crock of shit. They teach the same moves Humaita, Gracie Barra, Carlson's,etc.. teach. They just charge out the yingyang and peddle their memes and myths well. Another thing I dig is when Rorion's branch bring up Helio vs. Santana yet they never mention Carlson kicking the shit out of Santana after Helio lost. Or how Helio wanted a rematch and Carlos told him no.

ttt for later

facility is unreal. With that price and the fast talking it seems like it caters to the richer folks. That vid made it feel like Amway or something.

You cant afford it? You must not be a warrior!!!

For reference, HardCore Gym is less than 125 AFAIK...

and they seem to do a good job building up talent...

wtf was with ryron popping up everywhere lol, we got the beautiful doors, beatiful gated parking lot, beautiful lobby, you can sit here!, we have bathrooms! brazilian granite! we have a big ass fan! we have towels!

RobbieH -  And that Academy is AMAZING>.. The atmosphere looks great, lots of friendly guys that love Jiu Jitsu. I'm actually glad that Ryron and Rener are carrying on and teaching the Jiu Jitsu that Helio meant it to be, which is for the street and self defense first and foremost... Now that I am almost back on my feet I am planning a trip out to train after I can do a few sales events and get some cash together and get back in decent rolling shape hopefully around January or February.. :), something I have been planning since before my accident sidelined me.  

Sure is, maybe I'll see you out here sometime!

MickColins - 
bulletmagnet - Put it this way, you don't like the price, take your broke ass somewhere else. Their grandfather made jiu jitsu. The jiu jitsu is much purer from them rather than a gym down the road. This is authentic gracie jiu jitsu. 

I always enjoy arguments that state that anyone objecting to something being overpriced is broke or cheap. Bullshit. And Helio Gracie didn't invent BJJ, Carlos did. So their Grand-Uncle created BJJ. And the "Pure BJJ" argument is such a crock of shit. They teach the same moves Humaita, Gracie Barra, Carlson's,etc.. teach. They just charge out the yingyang and peddle their memes and myths well. Another thing I dig is when Rorion's branch bring up Helio vs. Santana yet they never mention Carlson kicking the shit out of Santana after Helio lost. Or how Helio wanted a rematch and Carlos told him no.

Helio invented Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Carlos had a strong man style of jiu jitsu and it was helio who perfected it and made it more of an art of leverage. Rener and Ryron and Rorions style of jiu jitsu is straight from the source. Rorion made the UFC. Their prices aren't that extreme when you think about it. Real estate is expensive. It might not be for your average joe and that's perfectly fine. If they want to cater towards business folks all the more power to them.

Their jiu jitsu is for self defense, not sport. It has a lot of application with wealthier folks who want to learn it just for self defense and not to compete. That's fine.

If you have such a big problem, feel free to come down to Artesia Blvd and talk to them face to face rather than spew shit online.

And if you want to complain about the price dont complain about me calling you cheap or broke. You are the same kind of people who download UFC's then complain when fighters get paid shit. Fucking leeches if you ask me.

bulletmagnet - 
RobbieH -  And that Academy is AMAZING>.. The atmosphere looks great, lots of friendly guys that love Jiu Jitsu. I'm actually glad that Ryron and Rener are carrying on and teaching the Jiu Jitsu that Helio meant it to be, which is for the street and self defense first and foremost... Now that I am almost back on my feet I am planning a trip out to train after I can do a few sales events and get some cash together and get back in decent rolling shape hopefully around January or February.. :), something I have been planning since before my accident sidelined me.  

Cool, I'll message you a few weeks before I decide to fly out after getting situated financially(been down a while lol). How long you been training there?

Ps. The facilities are fantastic. There are many places that charge 250$ + with HALF the facilities OR instruction available. If you don't like the price, take your ass elsewhere and dont spoil it for people who would like to pay for quality.

Youre are the same kind of person who will go to a fancy restaurant and complain about the prices and say outback has the same steak for cheaper.

Yeah, they do but ITS FUCKING CARDBOARD COMPARED TO THE REAL SHIT.

RobbieH - 
bulletmagnet - 

Cool, I'll message you a few weeks before I decide to fly out after getting situated financially(been down a while lol). How long you been training there?

Im actually with New Breed right now, but I trained there for about 3 years and I go back to visit every once in awhile and help teach.

Jiu Jitsu Heaven was a little too expensive for me so I took my own advice and took my ass somewhere else rather than complaining.

Been there to check it out. Massive mat space.

bulletmagnet - 

Helio invented Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Carlos had a strong man style of jiu jitsu and it was helio who perfected it and made it more of an art of leverage. Rener and Ryron and Rorions style of jiu jitsu is straight from the source. Rorion made the UFC. Their prices aren't that extreme when you think about it. Real estate is expensive. It might not be for your average joe and that's perfectly fine. If they want to cater towards business folks all the more power to them.

Their jiu jitsu is for self defense, not sport. It has a lot of application with wealthier folks who want to learn it just for self defense and not to compete. That's fine.

If you have such a big problem, feel free to come down to Artesia Blvd and talk to them face to face rather than spew shit online.

And if you want to complain about the price dont complain about me calling you cheap or broke. You are the same kind of people who download UFC's then complain when fighters get paid shit. Fucking leeches if you ask me.
Carlos created BJJ. The "Helio refined it" shit is propaganda put out by Helio's kids. Its the same shit karate and kung fu instructors have done for years. "Sure, they know Karate/Kung Fu but OURS is straight from the source and has supersecret technique and knowledge".  Its disrespectful as hell to Carlos, Carlinhos, Carlson(RIP),etc.. to repeat such marketing tripe as fact.  And Rorion has always charged out the yang, he got pissed when the Machados and Cesar started teaching because they charged less and provided similar product.  

The dude can charge whatever he wants. PT Barnum made a point about it way before I was born. I have no problem with their business model, my issue lies with the marketing. We have every right to point out how other BJJ teachers (and other Gracies) don't charge such insane fees. But the idea you put forth is 1) Other BJJ schools don't teach "Self Defense" when they do and 2) The Torrance school is "straight from the source" when that's a crock. Carlos Gracie taught his brothers and his sons. He's the source. Carlson himself said he learned everything from his Dad. As to the last part about "downloading UFCs and complaining the fighters don't get paid"... what the fluttering fuck does that have to do with anything? Your insinuation that pointing out overpriced services makes one "cheap" is ludicrous.

When I hear "focus on street and self defense" I cant help but think that means that their students cannot roll gi and no gi competitively with other academy's.

bulletmagnet - 
Heddy - Wow, very nice school. Must be very expensive though.

When I trained there it was 325$ for unlimited training plus 50$ initiation fee. A lot cheaper than going out every night and close to other gym fees.

when was it that much?