Jiu Jitsu in South Bay/Los Angeles

If you were to train in the south bay, who would you choose? The choices are overwhelming..

1) Aloisio Silva BJJ (I've heard he teaches himself at the Lomita school)

2) Gracie Academy in Torrance

3) Caique Jiu Jitsu (not sure if he teaches full time or not?)

I know there are others as well, but those seem to be the top three that people talk about down here. Would prefer something biking/walking distance in Torrance. Just looking for a fun place to get back in to the swing of things. Not looking to enter any tournaments or anything like that. Just looking for good times on the mat and hopefully getting back into shape without getting injured...

Who on the forum is training where these days??

I'm at the Gracie Academy in Torrance...

They go DEEP into a topic....I started here 3 months ago (as a purple from Gracie Barra) and we have been on the leg lock chapter for pretty much the entire time and speaking personally, I find that a great way to learn.

Plus I like that a few classes a week, we put the gloves on and add striking.

Tsunami bjj is in Torrance. That is where I would go.

^^That is helpful info^^

It's funny... I've heard so many people bag on that school, but I've always been intrigued by the idea of going there. I really like the idea of specific curriculum being explored in depth.

I think I might have to pop in there and watch a class...

I was referring to Gracie Academy in my post above

RandomMan - ^^That is helpful info^^

It's funny... I've heard so many people bag on that school, but I've always been intrigued by the idea of going there. I really like the idea of specific curriculum being explored in depth.

I think I might have to pop in there and watch a class...

I'm pretty sure they have a free weeks trial available..

If not, reach out to 12 on the BJJground and I'm sure he can make something happen for you..

RandomMan - I was referring to Gracie Academy in my post above

I figured. You can also check out the bbjground as mentioned above. Shen is on there (from Tsunami) and I believe they are doing a free month for white belts (not sure what belt you are).

Just checked out Tsunami website. Looks like the head instructor in well decorated. Must be a reputable place, I noticed some photos with a high ranking instructor from the Inosanto academy who trains there. Always a good sign.