Jiu jitsu on north side of Chicago?

I'm looking for a place to train. Due to having a young family I would preferably like to train somewhere near the lakeview/Lincoln park area. Any suggestions? Phone Post 3.0

Rio jiu jitsu isn't too far from you. I'm not overly familiar with Chicago and the Lincoln Park area, so I'm not sure of closer academies.

In Lakeview/LP

Redzovics is near Halsted, Lincoln, and Fullerton. They have multiple locations and you might be able to train at all of them.
Tandang Garimot is on Lincoln and between Diversey and Southport. It's a Filipino martial arts place (w capoeira and tai chi), but a Robson Moura purple teaches some BJJ classes here
DojoChicago is by Southport and Belmont and has a Pablo Popovitch BB teaching.

A little more south you have ChicagoMMA (north, clybourn, Halsted corridor), ValkoBJJ (Orleans and Chicago), and Brazil-021 (Orleans and Ontario). Phone Post 3.0

shark tank - Rio jiu jitsu isn't too far from you. I'm not overly familiar with Chicago and the Lincoln Park area, so I'm not sure of closer academies.

Not overly far in chicago can still take 45 to get to.

Train at the closest place with the best schedule. All the place mentioned above ^ are good.

Mark "Mack the Knife" Daley, a Carlson Gracie Jr. Black Belt, has a place at 3727 N. Broadway.

Valko BJJ probably is the most oft-recommended Chicago BJJ school on this site. Only about a mile away from Lincoln Park (further from Lakeview) and accessible via public transit.

Just to throw another name out there, if you're anywhere near Ashland, you can get to Andre Maneco BJJ fairly quickly by car or bus. Carlson Sr. black belt.

Redzovic BJJ all day Phone Post 3.0

If you are near Evanston you should check out Serafin BJJ. Jeff Serafin is a top notch coach/person and the same can be said for all the people in his gym. Great environment combined with a high level of skill Phone Post 3.0

Beezer - If you are near Evanston you should check out Serafin BJJ. Jeff Serafin is a top notch coach/person and the same can be said for all the people in his gym. Great environment combined with a high level of skill Phone Post 3.0

+1

shark tank - Rio jiu jitsu isn't too far from you. I'm not overly familiar with Chicago and the Lincoln Park area, so I'm not sure of closer academies.

Also a great choice. Pete the Greek has trained with some of the best in Brazil.

Check out 10th Planet Chicago located on 6154 W. Higgins Ave.
Chicago, IL 60630

Their instructor is Josh Passini

http://10thplanetjjchicago.com/

I just started training at Valko BJJ a few weeks ago... Awesome place. The owner Jay is a great dude, tons of good, high level training partners. Lots of different body types as well to roll with. Everyone's very welcoming. Couldn't recommend it more.

bigraydaddy -
Beezer - If you are near Evanston you should check out Serafin BJJ. Jeff Serafin is a top notch coach/person and the same can be said for all the people in his gym. Great environment combined with a high level of skill Phone Post 3.0

+1
2 Phone Post 3.0

sside maurice - Valko BJJ probably is the most oft-recommended Chicago BJJ school on this site. Only about a mile away from Lincoln Park (further from Lakeview) and accessible via public transit.

Just to throw another name out there, if you're anywhere near Ashland, you can get to Andre Maneco BJJ fairly quickly by car or bus. Carlson Sr. black belt.
Pretty sure Maneco is a bb from Junior Phone Post 3.0

^ yes Phone Post 3.0

^yes

MickColins - 
sside maurice - Valko BJJ probably is the most oft-recommended Chicago BJJ school on this site. Only about a mile away from Lincoln Park (further from Lakeview) and accessible via public transit.

Pretty sure Maneco is a bb from Junior Phone Post 3.0

I have a couple of former training partners that love it there as well. The parking might be easier as well if you're driving. Parking in the River North area sucks.

King Willy - Mark "Mack the Knife" Daley, a Carlson Gracie Jr. Black Belt, has a place at 3727 N. Broadway.

This. Mark is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the privilege of taking a class with. Very welcoming attitude and explains technique very well. Received his brown personally from SR.