Jiu Jitsu training tips around L shoulder injury?

Went to the Dr and PT and they said it’s not a tear, just a strain. You guys got tips to keep training and stay active until the shoulder heals? 

Ive been drilling xguard sweeps and bottom attacks, not sparring....

suggestions welcomed - Mahalo 

Ibprofin, stretch, tap early and don't work too hard.  I am a 10 year bluebelt because I was injured so often and acted like a pussy and wouldn't train.  Good time to try new shit...you can always blame your injury when you fuck up.

I just train. I protect it as much as necessary when rolling and just tap if it gets in trouble. No big deal. These days I always seem to have some sort of injury or strain, so there's no point in missing classes over them or I'd never get to go.

rest it and run hills...

or cut it off w/ a knife because nobody got time for a faggot shoulder.

For the OGs, I'm kind of helping out Mmanizzle a few times a week so stop lying to him.  Tell him to cowboy the fuck up, take 6 anvils, k tape the shoulder, get the sand out of his vaginal, and roll fucker!  Also reassure him I'm a kind, loving, understanding and patient coach, who only has his personal growth in mind.  And no exaggerated stories of sadistic brutality or puke training sessions.  Assholes.

6 Advil not Anvil, anvil is when I bring Loa to roll with him.  Then that's 16 anvils.

whenn i had shoulder recon i put arm in a sling and did 1 hand guard crap. whe i had knee surgery i sat oj mat and defended back.

Now my left shoulder is fubar. I just do what3ver and work around it. Same with my arthritic hip.

to sum it up....just work around it. But maybe dont roll with robo if you want to heal?!?! :p

Oh and naproxen over advil. 2naproxens twice a day for 2weeks...1st week can be can be 3Xs day if real bad. And an occasional tapered dose of methyl-prednisolone 2-3Xs a year FTW! :D

Fentanyl > naproxen 

Preferably smoked off of tin foil through a straw.

Robobear -

For the OGs, I'm kind of helping out Mmanizzle a few times a week so stop lying to him.  Tell him to cowboy the fuck up, take 6 anvils, k tape the shoulder, get the sand out of his vaginal, and roll fucker!  Also reassure him I'm a kind, loving, understanding and patient coach, who only has his personal growth in mind.  And no exaggerated stories of sadistic brutality or puke training sessions.  Assholes.

though robo has not been responsible for individually injuring me, training with him was some of the more painful experiences in my life (i've been to war three times and nothing is scarier than rolling with robo)!  That said, he was always careful enough to never injure me.  However, after several dozen friday sessions with robo and then moke, I was too tough for my own good and was too stupid to tap.  I let injury keep me out of the gym and i should have been going to drill at least!  

Your sore shoulder will be fine.  the more you use it the better it will feel...stop being a pussy.  If you are getting mat time with robo, you better not miss a session. he is one of the best out there....certainly the most sadistic!  I wish i could go back to those sessions, even though they were some of the most exhausting and painful experiences known to man.  

Moke -

Fentanyl > naproxen 

Preferably smoked off of tin foil through a straw.

fentanyl on a butt plug...insert....WIN!

band work. Go 5o total fitness usa in kalihi and buy the flat type rouge fitness or wody bands. Rotational, pulling and pushing movemnts.

Learn to "pack" your shoulder into 5he socket....peolle tend to try to push or let their shoulder move up and out. I dunno how to explain it, but i learned shoulder awareness using steel clubs and kettlebells. After failing to rehab my shoulder through PT i was told to have surgery....the week before surgery I could still snatch a  72# kb multiple time off the floor. Now my left almost as bad, but i still use it in jiujitsu, can still, snatch and use kbs a d clubs, rollouts on TRX, etc. Jiujitsu is worse for it because it is chaotic, random movement and pressure. Workijg out is easy to strengthen and train it because you control movent and it is not unpredictable. So make it as stong and .obile as possible, then learn to work around it in jiujitsu.

fnunderful -

Ibprofin, stretch, tap early and don't work too hard.  I am a 10 year bluebelt because I was injured so often and acted like a pussy and wouldn't train.  Good time to try new shit...you can always blame your injury when you fuck up.

Thanks my man - I’ve been drilling and learning new technique but ghat dayum I needs to get back to rolling again 

Moke -

I just train. I protect it as much as necessary when rolling and just tap if it gets in trouble. No big deal. These days I always seem to have some sort of injury or strain, so there's no point in missing classes over them or I'd never get to go.

Thanks I’ll take your advice cuz I’m 46 not getting younger 

FCTV808 -

rest it and run hills...

or cut it off w/ a knife because nobody got time for a faggot shoulder.

Thanks my man - been hearing stories about you on the mats... respect ??? 

i do need to hit some hills - thanks 

Robobear -

Robobear has sent me to hell and back. For some reason I keep showing up. 

Robobear -

6 Advil not Anvil, anvil is when I bring Loa to roll with him.  Then that's 16 anvils.

Your north south head to sternum feels like 16 anvils 

Sgt. Slaphead -

whenn i had shoulder recon i put arm in a sling and did 1 hand guard crap. whe i had knee surgery i sat oj mat and defended back.

Now my left shoulder is fubar. I just do what3ver and work around it. Same with my arthritic hip.

to sum it up....just work around it. But maybe dont roll with robo if you want to heal?!?! :p

Oh and naproxen over advil. 2naproxens twice a day for 2weeks...1st week can be can be 3Xs day if real bad. And an occasional tapered dose of methyl-prednisolone 2-3Xs a year FTW! :D

Good advice to not roll with Robo, ain’t gonna lie sometimes I don’t even look him in the eyes 

fnunderful -
Robobear -

though robo has not been responsible for individually injuring me, training with him was some of the more painful experiences in my life (i've been to war three times and nothing is scarier than rolling with robo)!  That said, he was always careful enough to never injure me.  However, after several dozen friday sessions with robo and then moke, I was too tough for my own good and was too stupid to tap.  I let injury keep me out of the gym and i should have been going to drill at least!  

Your sore shoulder will be fine.  the more you use it the better it will feel...stop being a pussy.  If you are getting mat time with robo, you better not miss a session. he is one of the best out there....certainly the most sadistic!  I wish i could go back to those sessions, even though they were some of the most exhausting and painful experiences known to man.  

Who would’ve thunk it? Y’all mofos made my weekend bitches

Good talk to stop being a pussy, Jesus my wife is tired of hearing me whine for weeks about it anyways...

Sgt. Slaphead -

band work. Go 5o total fitness usa in kalihi and buy the flat type rouge fitness or wody bands. Rotational, pulling and pushing movemnts.

Learn to "pack" your shoulder into 5he socket....peolle tend to try to push or let their shoulder move up and out. I dunno how to explain it, but i learned shoulder awareness using steel clubs and kettlebells. After failing to rehab my shoulder through PT i was told to have surgery....the week before surgery I could still snatch a  72# kb multiple time off the floor. Now my left almost as bad, but i still use it in jiujitsu, can still, snatch and use kbs a d clubs, rollouts on TRX, etc. Jiujitsu is worse for it because it is chaotic, random movement and pressure. Workijg out is easy to strengthen and train it because you control movent and it is not unpredictable. So make it as stong and .obile as possible, then learn to work around it in jiujitsu.

Thanks man - my PT gave me some exercise to do for rehabilitation so I don’t get frozen shoulder. Been getting better just resting and working around it as advised.

if i had to chose a single tool....id probably chose a TRX or other typenof suspension trainer. You can do so much with it and it allows for full range of motion which is so importa t to be strong in full range when it comes to stability of a joint.