Jiujitsu Style Mag:sport v. self defense debate...

For those interested in the sport v. self defense training debate, I give my 2 cents in an interview with Jiujitsu Magazine. I also speak about the Invincible Woman Project which is calling on all bjj instructors to donate a private lesson to a national kickstarter campaign to fight violence against women and in return will list instructors who donate (and their websites) in a Kickstarter video that has already been pledged to be shared by celebrities with over 3 million twitter followers. More info in the article - interested to get your feedback!

don't know why it's not letting me post the link but google bjj relson abood and its the first link

http://bjjstyle.com/relson-gracie-black-belt-steven-abood-the-invincible-women-project/

rickson opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9MRNbg0Vw

sebastard - http://bjjstyle.com/relson-gracie-black-belt-steven-abood-the-invincible-women-project/

thanks!!

Hargreaves - rickson opinion

Rickson: BJJ is great for women.

Women: Cool, can we take classes?

Rickson: No, I don't teach women.

Rickson: You guys are all doing BJJ wrong.

The World: Great, can you how us how to do it right?

Rickson: No, I only teach sporatically and I don't like people to know about it.

FatBuddha - For those interested in the sport v. self defense training debate, I give my 2 cents in an interview with Jiujitsu Magazine. I also speak about the Invincible Woman Project which is calling on all bjj instructors to donate a private lesson to a national kickstarter campaign to fight violence against women and in return will list instructors who donate (and their websites) in a Kickstarter video that has already been pledged to be shared by celebrities with over 3 million twitter followers. More info in the article - interested to get your feedback!

don't know why it's not letting me post the link but google bjj relson abood and its the first link

Would love to help spread the word about this. If you're interested can you shoot me an email info a t openmatradio dot com.

GM Shen,

I know Rickson's Galactic Jiu Jitsu Federation of the World will solve all problems in grappling. Will the Shendokan be creating any Federations to fix those fixes?

^ As everyone should know, the Shen Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association --which has been around much longer than Rickson's (sp?) organization--  is the world's most respected garage/Myspace based BJJ association. We don't correct others. We set the standard which others can either meet or fail to meet. Their choice... You can lead a man to the Mr. Pibb dispenser, but you can't make him drink.

In Phone Post 3.0

shen - 
Hargreaves - rickson opinion

Rickson: BJJ is great for women.

Women: Cool, can we take classes?

Rickson: No, I don't teach women.

Rickson: You guys are all doing BJJ wrong.

The World: Great, can you how us how to do it right?

Rickson: No, I only teach sporatically and I don't like people to know about it.

lol

Open Mat Radio - 
FatBuddha - For those interested in the sport v. self defense training debate, I give my 2 cents in an interview with Jiujitsu Magazine. I also speak about the Invincible Woman Project which is calling on all bjj instructors to donate a private lesson to a national kickstarter campaign to fight violence against women and in return will list instructors who donate (and their websites) in a Kickstarter video that has already been pledged to be shared by celebrities with over 3 million twitter followers. More info in the article - interested to get your feedback!

Would love to help spread the word about this. If you're interested can you shoot me an email info a t openmatradio dot com.

GM Shen,

I know Rickson's Galactic Jiu Jitsu Federation of the World will solve all problems in grappling. Will the Shendokan be creating any Federations to fix those fixes?

Thanks for your interest! I'm definitely interested in helping you spread the word about the Invincible Woman Project by either appearing on a podcast (I'd be happy to give my 2 cents on other bjj topics/debates as well if need be to drum up interest for listeners before getting into the Invincible Woman Project) or giving you the information you need for your show about the project. Email sent (which pretty much says the same thing)

sorry posted on wrong thread

great read Fatbudda!

Hargreaves - sorry posted on wrong thread

great read Fatbudda!

thanks very much! voted up!

FatBuddha -
Open Mat Radio - 

GM Shen,

Thanks for your interest! I'm definitely interested in helping you spread the word about the Invincible Woman Project by either appearing on a podcast (I'd be happy to give my 2 cents on other bjj topics/debates as well if need be to drum up interest for listeners before getting into the Invincible Woman Project) or giving you the information you need for your show about the project. Email sent (which pretty much says the same thing)
Been crazy behind with things. I'll get to your email tonight! Thanks again Phone Post 3.0

Open Mat Radio - 
FatBuddha -
Open Mat Radio - 

GM Shen,

Been crazy behind with things. I'll get to your email tonight! Thanks again Phone Post 3.0

sounds good, thanks!