jiujitsumania.com interview and technique

Hey, I did an interview with jiujitsumania.com and filmed some open guard techniques. Vanessa Mariscal, a brown belt from Vmat, was also interviewed and showed a couple of techniques. Her stuff is up at the site, and my interview is up (techniques will be up soon). Check em out!

www.jiujitsumania.com

Graciebarra 847 -      Great interview and you bring up great points on being in shape! What made you decide to leave Gokor's and finally end up with Roy Diogo. You said in your day it took 10 years to get a black? How many days a week of training?

Hey! Glad you liked it! Thanks!

I left Gokor's because I needed the structure and progression that Bjj provided. Gokor's approach is awesome and I learned a lot, but it was like graduate school--it was advanced, tricky techniques that work best if you already have a solid base in a grappling style. I didn't have that base, so I needed to go somewhere to learn the fundamentals.

I'd say through most of my training--until brown belt, at least--I was on the mat 5 days a week. I wasn't the type of guy to push myself super hard in training like I should have, but I was always there and usually sparring for most of the allotted sparring time. Phone Post

Notice the guy doesn't even bother to mention that he's also certified as a "Master Level Spinning Instructor"(tm).

Too humble.

-Actually, nice interview man! --And Vanessa too. She's great.

am i just too dumb to find the right page or is the open guard video marked private

SleepBomb -  am i just too dumb to find the right page or is the open guard video marked private

Sleepbomb, sorry, the open guard stuff hasn't been posted yet, only the interview. Phone Post

TTT

Great interview.
Bro ,check your mail.

DonMega - TTT

Great interview.
Bro ,check your mail.

Hey! I think you're sending me email at my old work address because I haven't received any from you. Are u sending it to the hotmail address? Thanks!! Phone Post

The techniques are up! Please let me w what you think of them! Phone Post

ttt

Ttt for jiujitsumania! Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Too basic? Too complicated? Doesnt seem like anyone likes the sequence. Phone Post

Very nice sequence, with excellent instruction as always!  For me, the actual technique sequence was a little hard to find on the JJM site, their layout is a little confusing.  Others may have had the same problem.  I know you are probably looking to direct more traffic to that site, but if you want more feedback on this board, you may just want to imbed it here.  I was going to go ahead and do it, but didn't want to stop people from going to the site.

JRockwell -  Very nice sequence, with excellent instruction as always!  For me, the actual technique sequence was a little hard to find on the JJM site, their layout is a little confusing.  Others may have had the same problem.  I know you are probably looking to direct more traffic to that site, but if you want more feedback on this board, you may just want to imbed it here.  I was going to go ahead and do it, but didn't want to stop people from going to the site.

Ahh. Thanks man!! I'll post the direct link. Thanks again! Phone Post

http://jiujitsumania.com/mega-guard-sweep-variations/ Phone Post

ttt!

jiujitsumania.com/mega-guard-sweep-variations

ttt

TTT for Andre...I'll check it out when I get home tonight!
And thanks again for the dvd's...I owe you big time bro

andre - Too basic? Too complicated? Doesnt seem like anyone likes the sequence. Phone Post

I'll chime in. I think the sequence is fanstastic. After the first technique, I started thinking of where else you could go if your opponent didn't try to pass..and there it was ! (omaplata)

I sensed the triangle was coming up...not sure why..just seemed like a natural extension. And the kneebar after a perhaps "missed" triangle, again seemed very natural!

I hope you keep posting stuff like this...gives me new things to try out when rolling (secret stuff!)

Thanks !!!