JL director...Ben Affleck?

from http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40343

Currently, director Zack Snyder's incoming "Man of Steel" relaunch of Superman is the only DC Comics film definitively on tap for Warner Bros. However, since earlier this summer, rumor has been that the studio is looking to launch a "Justice League" movie based on the DC Universe's marquee superteam – featuring heavy hitters from Superman and Batman to Green Lantern and Wonder Woman – to compete with Marvel's blockbuster "The Avengers."

Today, that prospect took an interesting turn as Variety reports that actor/director Ben Affleck tops the studio's list of potential helmers for the "Justice League" project. The already bankable star has been on widely praised run behind the camera in recent years making hits out of "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Town," and he's soon to open "Argo" – a spy story inspired by true events that features unlikely side player Jack Kirby.

Earlier this year, Warner Bros. had a script for "Justice League" drafted by "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall – a story that would set aside work done for the aborted 2008 attempt at a film for the team.

Variety notes that Affleck is only looking to direct projects he can also co-star in, which raises fan questions over which cape he might don from the Justice League's core roster. It's widely assumed that if the picture goes forward, current DC hero actors like Superman Henry Cavill and Green Lantern Ryan Reynolds (perhaps in favor of a GL sequel) will reprise their roles. Though with Christopher Nolan's final word on "The Dark Knight Rises," Batman himself may be up in the air.

The trade notes that the earliest launch date for a "Justice League" film would be 2015 – putting it up against Marvel's "Avengers 2" which just yesterday signed Joss Whedon for a return engagement. Earlier reports had assumed a much faster start dates as Warners has no DC movies on tap for 2013 yet, though the particulars on this may have to wait until Affleck accepts or rejects the supposed offer.

oh christ! not ben affleck! he may have already done to daredevil what bullseye, kingpin and the stilt man couldn't do by killing HIM off. now they're going to give mr. reindeer games, mr Gili another shot. outside of the batman franchise D.C. hasn't had anything to offer in YEARS. Nothing changes.

He's a  good director.

He directed Gone Baby Gone (great film) and The Town (never saw it, but it got really good reviews.)

He's a sucky actor, but he's not a terrible director I guess. Maybe he can cast his brother in it, who's actually a fantastic actor.

unfortunately he has a clause in his contract that stipulates that anything he directs he also must act in as well.

Zenoplata -  He directed Gone Baby Gone (great film) and The Town (never saw it, but it got really good reviews.)

He's a sucky actor, but he's not a terrible director I guess. Maybe he can cast his brother in it, who's actually a fantastic actor.

he's an OK director haven't seen gone but The Town was decent, more like Heat lite, but decent.

now if they get Michael Mann...

Yeah, the Town was a Heat ripoff for sure, but I certainly had no complaints about the directing. And Gone Baby Gone was just fantastic through and through.

A Michael Mann Daredevil would be awesome, though. Or get the guy who did Drive.

fuck wrong thread sorry

always liked this scene with Clark and superspeed

embed is disabled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjpRYRLhMQ

From http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/09/ben-affleck-already-may-have-passed-on-justice-league

Only days after casting doubt on a reported character-rights swap between Fox and Marvel, Deadline is calling “bullshit” on Variety’s claim that Warner Bros. is pursuing Ben Affleck to direct its long-delayed Justice League movie.

Saying he was told days earlier by Affleck’s representatives that the Daredevil star won’t be helming the superhero film, Deadline’s Mike Fleming acknowledges “it makes sense that Warner Bros. would offer Affleck the project.” That’s because, with Gone Baby Gone, The Town and the upcoming Argo to his credit, Affleck has become one of the studio’s go-to directors, third in line for projects after Christopher Nolan and David Yates.

“Just because the studio wants Affleck doesn’t mean he will do the movie,” Fleming writes, “and several sources tell me he might take a meeting, but that’s it.”

Affleck, who shares an Academy Award with Matt Damon for the screenplay to 1997′s Good Will Hunting, saw his acting career take a nosedive following roles in Daredevil, Gigli, Surviving Christmas and Jersey Girl. But with the 2007 crime drama Gone Baby Gone, Affleck established himself as a formidable director and screenwriter.

With Nolan stating definitively that he won’t be involved with the Batman franchise reboot or Justice League, Warner Bros. is eager to find a director to find a director for the ensemble film. The studio quietly hired a screenwriter last spring, marking the first visible sign of progress on the project since George Miller’s version was shut down in January 2008, a month before it was to begin filming.

A Justice League film likely wouldn’t arrive in theaters until 2015, pitting it up against the Joss Whedon-directed Avengers sequel.

Didnt he also direct gigili....... Im not putting hope in him Phone Post

LittleKang - 

Didnt he also direct gigili....... Im not putting hope in him Phone Post

Gigli (play /?d?i?lji/) is a 2003 romantic comedy film written and directed by Martin Brest and starring Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Lainie Kazan.

He's a hell of a director.

paw -
LittleKang -  Didnt he also direct gigili....... Im not putting hope in him Phone Post

Gigli (play /?d?i?lji/) is a 2003 romantic comedy film written and directed by Martin Brest and starring Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Lainie Kazan.

Faith restored Phone Post

HE CAN DIRECT GOOD MOVIES.........BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT A BIG BUDGET ACTION FLICK................MOST OF HIS FILMS HAVE BEEN GRITTY DRAMA'S. 

Why not hire Snyder? Affleck is a great writer and director, but I really don't want to see Southie Batman. Phone Post

batman: ayy supes, luthor boahded the jet, my bat cah is useless

superman: dont worry, i wont miss the pahty

The problem is they are putting the buggy before the horse on this one. Avengers was great because it had great foundation movies to build from. So far Justice League has great Batman films, that have no relation to the JL universe and what looks like a promising Superman film next year. No Wonder Woman tie in. And a really shitty GL tie in.

Hope not. Don't think he'd be right for it. In fact not sure Nolan is right for it. JL need someone different. Phone Post

Boston Metropolis. Mark Wahlberg as Superman OMG the horror. Phone Post