Joachim Hansen Responds To American Fans.

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=1460

Hansen quite the character, but insulting North American fans isn't going to help his career any.  I did like the new comment he made " “I will never fight in the UFC. I would prefer have my testicles kicked in by a horse full of steroids.”  That's classic. 

Last week called, they want there thread back......

crazy coincidence, the jerk store also called and they're all OUTTA YOU LOL

I thought the new comment was er well new. 

it' so stupid to talk about "last week" news.....Not everyone lives on the boards.

I didn't hear about this and I'm here frequently.

he has plenty of american fans

"But Eddie, that story was on the UG and every single MMA site that covers all of MMA.  It really was played out"

That's fine, but I didn't read about it at all, so at least one person appreciated the info.  It's not that big of a deal, but I just think it's idiotic for someone to say something about "last week's news".   Just think the effort could be used in a more productive way.  It could probably help to improve the overall mood of the forum...It's dramatic enough as it is.

I could understand if it was something like

"Tito signs with Affliction" or something.

Just 

Shadowfire - "Hansen quite the character, but insulting North American fans isn't going to help his career any."

LOL, Hansen never insulted North American fans.

Here was Hansen's original quote in question:
"The Japanese MMA audience is the best in the world", he says with enthusiasm. "They make magic! I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight."

(http://www.intheguard.tv/site/1/newsNews.php?id=223)

So again, Hansen never actually said anything there "insulting North American fans" - just specifically against "fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight."

In fact, he never even mentioned "North American fans" in his comments.

But in response to any hypersensitive overreactions, he still issued the following clarification to make sure that there was no question that he meant no offense to fans of any particular nationality:
"Many people in America were offended by my answers in the interview. (I heard) they felt some of my answers where racially negative, and I didn't mean that. If the loyal supporters are American/Brazilian/Japanese or what ever ethnic back ground, I don't care, as long as they love MMA and metal [laughs]. I have a lot of different MMA supporters from different races that I talk to. So, I hope this will clear that up! Thanks for all. I would rather have one real, doesn't matter the country or planet you come from (laughs), MMA supporter than 1.0000000000000000 + infinity fake ones."

(http://www.intheguard.tv/site/1/newsNews.php?id=226)

Now he did come out specifically against the UFC:
"I would fight anyone of the UFC light weights, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemroids than fight for the UFC."

(http://www.intheguard.tv/site/1/newsNews.php?id=223)

But Hansen has some cause for his hard feelings against the UFC because last year the Fertittas had acquired his Pride contract when they purchased Pride - but then offered to pay him only half of what that contract called for to come fight in the UFC.

And when Hansen declined - the UFC then sat him out and kept him from fighting again, until he was finally released from his contract when they shut down Pride.

(Hansen also claimed that in addition to them wanting to cut his pay in half, the UFC had wanted him to "sell his soul" to them in signing a contract with the UFC.)

But the bottom line in all this is that Hansen's negative comments were confined specifically against the UFC, as well as against "fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight."

They were not against North American fans in general, or against any nationality or ethnicity.