Joachim Hansen why no UFC?

I always wondered why Hellboy never fought in the UFC?

Balls to the wall entertaining fighter whos rarely in boring fights and especially now the UFC has the lighter weight classes Phone Post

He says he would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight in the UFC.

Boy likes to fight fight in Japan. And the UFC won't allow that.

He's made it pretty clear he has no desire to fight under the Zuffa banner, ever. Endo story.

Aah so thats why,it's his own decision.Shame really he's getting older now but still he would have some wars at 145 or 155. Phone Post

Then again wrestling always was one of his weaker parts of his game so he would probably get dry humped for 3 rounds in the UFC Phone Post

Yeah, he def wants to stand and bang. In the UFC he would prob get paired up with two wrestlers and get cut. Sad but true. He is one of the most exciting fighters though.

AllAmericanBoxing -  Yeah, he def wants to stand and bang. In the UFC he would prob get paired up with two wrestlers and get cut. Sad but true. He is one of the most exciting fighters though.

Yeah his fight with eddie at dream 3 I think was s war,might watch that again later Phone Post

Bigjon29 - 
AllAmericanBoxing -  Yeah, he def wants to stand and bang. In the UFC he would prob get paired up with two wrestlers and get cut. Sad but true. He is one of the most exciting fighters though.

Yeah his fight with eddie at dream 3 I think was s war,might watch that again later Phone Post

I'm half Norwegian so you know i gotta root for him whenever he fights LOL. I will always be a fan of his where ever he fights. It would be crazy to see him fight Leonard Garcia or the Korean Zombie in the octagon.

AllAmericanBoxing -
Bigjon29 - 

I'm half Norwegian so you know i gotta root for him whenever he fights LOL. I will always be a fan of his where ever he fights. It would be crazy to see him fight Leonard Garcia or the Korean Zombie in the octagon.

Yeah they would be hood matchups but knowing UFC they would put him against a nick lentz or guida depending in what weight he fought at Phone Post

I believe his prefered weight is 145 but he is a down mofo when it comes to a game opponet.

Always been a fan...

they basically screwed him and disrespected him after the Pride takeover, so he doesnt want anything to do with them

he's a man of principal, and thats respectable

RandG -  they basically screwed him and disrespected him after the Pride takeover, so he doesnt want anything to do with them

They didn't screw him.

None of the Pride contracts carried over as part of the sale, so Zuffa had to negotiate new contracts with each fighter. They felt Hansen was overpaid, and their contract offer reflected that belief. Hansen just chose to be butt hurt because they didn't value his services as highly as DSE did.

Zuffa offered him only half of what he was getting from Pride and he felt disrespected I guess

It's a shame because Hellboy's style could get him a lot of fans in the US. I have never heard anyone say they were NOT a fan of Hansen

Steve4192 - 
RandG -  they basically screwed him and disrespected him after the Pride takeover, so he doesnt want anything to do with them

They didn't screw him.

None of the Pride contracts carried over as part of the sale, so Zuffa had to negotiate new contracts with each fighter. They felt Hansen was overpaid, and their contract offer reflected that belief. Hansen just chose to be butt hurt because they didn't value his services as highly as DSE did.

LOL @ "butthurt".

Like you wouldn't be upset if another company bought the one you were working for and told you that you are taking a 50 percent pay cut and if you don't like it you can leave. Sounds totally reasonable (sarcasm).

CLINTK9 - 
But, then again, like everyone knows, you bring in a guy like Hellboy, Joe Silva busts out his warmest blanket to put on you. Nothing like seeing exciting guys like Cro-Cop, Yvel, Hunt ,etc get the blankets put to them. HATE Joe Silva for that shit. We have enough wrestlefuckin going on. When you have a couple decent strikers on the roster, match them up.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I seem to recall both Cro Cop and Yvel getting matched up versus strikers and getting beaten down like a pair of red-headed stepchildren. Hell, even the grapplers they got matched up with (Mir, Gonzaga, Madsen) knocked their asses out. The only UFC fight of theirs that I can recall having any positional grappling was Rothwell-Yvel, and there is no way Joe could have predicted that based on Big Ben's track record. Rothwell is usually a straight up banger.

Oldboy - Like you wouldn't be upset if another company bought the one you were working for and told you that you are taking a 50 percent pay cut and if you don't like it you can leave. Sounds totally reasonable (sarcasm).

Sounds like most corporate buyouts to me.

That is par for the course anytime a company gets sold. Lots of employees get laid off and contract staff get their contracts reworked. Shit happens all the time in the real world. There is no reason to take it personal.

Steve4192 - 
Oldboy - Like you wouldn't be upset if another company bought the one you were working for and told you that you are taking a 50 percent pay cut and if you don't like it you can leave. Sounds totally reasonable (sarcasm).

Sounds like most corporate buyouts to me.

That is par for the course anytime a company gets sold. Lots of employees get laid off and contract staff get their contracts reworked. Shit happens all the time in the real world. There is no reason to take it personal.

Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it okay. Corporations cheat on their taxes all the time, does it mean cheating on your taxes is right?

Bottom line is Hansen is an exciting, top notch fighter who just wanted his contract to be honored. Plus what he has to say about mainstream fans is 100% true. Look how many people talk shit on Fedor now, disgusting.

Steve4192 - 

They didn't screw him.

If the contracts didn´t carry over, then why did Hansen have to wait out the remaining year of his contract before he could fight for another organization?