Joanna: Relationship turmoil a factor in losses

In 2014 Joanna Jedrzejczyk appeared unbeatable - 14-0, with five successful strawweight title defenses, winning a performance bonus in half her title fights. Then she lost her title and the rematch to Rose Namajunas, bounced back wth a win over Tecia Torres, lost a fight vs. Valentina Shevchenko for the vacant women's flyweight title, and bounced back with a big win over Michelle Waterson. 

On a recent episode of UFC Unfiltered, Jedrzejczyk offered a reason for her success vs. The Karate Hottie.

"Life of a single [woman]," said a laughing Jedrzejczyk, as transcribed by Alexander K. Lee for MMA Fighting. "People in Poland know more, but people in the states and worldwide, they don't know much about my private life. The last two years were pretty difficult for me. It was a rough time, and I feel like 2019 is a special year, so I can't wait for 2020."

"I broke up with my fiance, and we broke up before my first fight with Rose Namajunas, and this terrible weight cut happened, and I broke up again. This year I found out that my [previous Polish] manager messed up my money, and then I found out that my fiance was cheating on me.

"That girl called me; I think that she was afraid that I was going to beat her up so badly, but I was like, 'No, I'm kidding.' I just want to show to people and tell people that there's always something going on in our lives. It doesn't matter who you are. If your private life is not going in the right direction, you're not going to be successful in the sport, or in the business."

"So I paid the ultimate price because I'm a warrior, I'm a real fighter, and we all are fighters, every single day. I was always like, 'Everything is fine, everything is good.' And I was trying to throw the bad things out from my head, my mind. But it was there.

"This year was amazing, and I cannot wait for that coming 2020. Now I feel free. I feel me, I feel Joanna again. I'm more smart, I'm more experienced. Maybe s**tty things happened in my life, but it has to happen somehow. I'm happy. I know what life is about now. When I turned 30, I thought I knew a lot and I had experienced a lot. I was broken in my life, so dedicated to the sport, losing my mind into the sport, working so hard. But that's the difference – I'm happy now."

Jedrzejczyk, now 32, fights strawweight champion Zhang Weili at UFC 248 on March 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Is she Brazilian?

10 Likes

i could see how that would affect a female

1 Like
PHOENIXmike -

Is she Brazilian?

First post. Always.

She has become more and more unlikeable since moving to ATT. Imagine that! smh!

I'll give her this, since moving from Poland she has become typical and quite delusional.

PHOENIXmike -

Is she Brazilian?

With all the Brazilian sausage at ATT, pretty close!

Thug Rose being a badass had NOTHING to do with it. 

3 Likes
PHOENIXmike -

Is she Brazilian?

Not quite, she was four excuses short. 

Still think she should've got that win in the rematch against Rose

1 Like
https://youtu.be/a0UojGjyfpA

2 Likes

she looks happy with her sisters though

Ver esta publicación en Instagram

????. SZCZ??LIWEGO NOWEGO ROKU?? Weso?a noc sylwestrowa na domówce z moimi kochanymi siostrami?? Oj, by?o weso?o?? Ta?ce, ?piewy i rozmowy.???? Mega do?adowanie baterii przed wylotem do USA w gronie najbli?szych?? Jak Wasza noc sylwestrowa??? Ja ju? dzisiaj po 7-8km biegu i obiadku u mamy, ale jeszcze znajd? czas na saun?????? ????. HAPPY NEW YEAR?? New Year's Eve at the house with my beloved sisters.?? Oh, we had so much fun.?? Dancing, singing and talking.???? I totally recharged batteries with my loved ones before going to the US.?? How was your New Year's Eve night??? I've already done a 7-8km run and had lunch at my mom's, but I'll still find some time to take a sauna????? ???? #newyear #nowyrok #newyearseve #domowka #domówka #sisters #Siostry #familytime #jedrzejczykfamily #funnight

Una publicación compartida de Joanna Jedrzejczyk (@joannajedrzejczyk) el 1 Ene, 2020 a las 7:14 PST

PHOENIXmike -

Is she Brazilian?

LMAO!

Whatever she needs to tell herself.

She's hot, if wife her up.dudes dumb for cheating on her, still life is going to get you and if yiur not ready for it it's going to hit you fast. 

DarthBader -

Polish version of Ronda Rousey just the fact that she can't seem to understand that she was so unlikeable that people would almost vomit at the TV when watching her.

"So I paid the ultimate price because I'm a warrior, I'm a real fighter, and we all are fighters, every single day. I was always like, 'Everything is fine, everything is good.' And I was trying to throw the bad things out from my head, my mind. But it was there.

You came in overmatched against opponents who had far lesser skills in standup, then when the female divisions started stacking up you got beat without even putting up a fight and knocked out against a fighter who wasn't even known for her standup. It's not like the world was against her as she is trying to fittingly throw into the storyline, she just didn't perform and the excuses is just really poor at this point, but obviously she has to come up with some kinda excuse to actually defend her getting a title shot after a recent 2-3 record (not fighting bashing, but stating the obvious!)

Has wins against 4 of the top 10 and been finished once. Her only losses are Rose & current champion of the division above. Only been stopped once. 

I think you massively overplaying the ‘division has left her behind’ narrative here. 

https://youtu.be/0iVyxVmJ3T8

What next, spinal injury?

DarthBader -

Polish version of Ronda Rousey just the fact that she can't seem to understand that she was so unlikeable that people would almost vomit at the TV when watching her.

You came in overmatched against opponents who had far lesser skills in standup, then when the female divisions started stacking up you got beat without even putting up a fight and knocked out against a fighter who wasn't even known for her standup. It's not like the world was against her as she is trying to fittingly throw into the storyline, she just didn't perform and the excuses is just really poor at this point, but obviously she has to come up with some kinda excuse to actually defend her getting a title shot after a recent 2-3 record (not fighting bashing, but stating the obvious!)

No... That's fighter bashing at its best. You sound like a piece of a shit. 

1 Like
CarbonKid_24 -

She's hot, if wife her up.dudes dumb for cheating on her, still life is going to get you and if yiur not ready for it it's going to hit you fast. 

First, she is not hot. Wth? Second, he likely walked half a block and ran into a stunner. They are everywhere and I would say she did the cheating. 

lol polish rousey

so true