Joao Assis vs. JT Torres (why no DQ?)

Blue namer please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN32SzCt_gQ

You'll notice that Joao Assis reaped JT's knee on multiple occassions, and the ref just stared at it like everything was fine. JT pointed and complained to no avail, but still nothing. Its just crazy however when someone like Iam McPherson mistakenly does it, the DQ comes immediately.

i would like to know to  @ 1:10

Easy answer. JT is not brazilian.

Sorry about the double post on the vid!

Re: Joao and the reap, he was DQd last year at brown belt in the PanAms for reaping the knee (may have been accidental, I don't remember) of an Alliance student. Also the ref of this match, Ulpiano, also DQd Rafa Mendes for reaping the knee in his match against Cobrinha as well.

I know I'm biased but, that's a lame way to win.

My god that match is like the perfect example of why alot of people hate 50/50. That was painful to watch.

He wasn't disqualified because what he did was legal...

He was doing what is known as a "Brazilian Reap" which may LOOK like a rules violation to the untrained eye, but a highly trained Brazilian ref can tell the difference.

Leave those sorts of determinations to the professionals.

shen - He wasn't disqualified because what he did was legal...

He was doing what is known as a "Brazilian Reap" which may LOOK like a rules violation to the untrained eye, but a highly trained Brazilian ref can tell the difference.

Correct and LMFAO!!!!

Illegal reap only happened once at 1:41.

maybe they are trying not to be so ridiculous with the rule because of all the controversy.

shen - He wasn't disqualified because what he did was legal...

My apologies Mestre Shen.