Job where you had to hear/see something on loop

Or at least a million times til it burnt into your brain. Obviously any ice cream truck driver knows them feels.

I had a part time job at smoothie king years ago and for year we had the body for life EAS DVD on loop at all times. I knew every word, movement, sound. Better than an ice cream song Phone Post 3.0

I used to work at Hollywood video in high school and we couldn't play movies with cursing or violence so we would watch "The Little Giants" all day long. I know that movie word for word from beginning to end. Still one of the more underrated football movies of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Excel hourglass circa 2000 Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent - I used to work at Hollywood video in high school and we couldn't play movies with cursing or violence so we would watch "The Little Giants" all day long. I know that movie word for word from beginning to end. Still one of the more underrated football movies of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Fun story: I worked at a struggling movie theater in high school that was slow as fuck some days with only a couple of people buying tickets to each movie.  Had a woman come up to the snackbar with her kids and tell me that a man was touching himself in the theater showing The Little Giants... it was literally just her family and the guy in that theater.  She got a refund and left and by the time my manager went in there, the guy had stopped.  My manager just sat behind him in an otherwise empty theater for the rest of the movie to make sure he didn't pull it out again.

Damaynevent - I used to work at Hollywood video in high school and we couldn't play movies with cursing or violence so we would watch "The Little Giants" all day long. I know that movie word for word from beginning to end. Still one of the more underrated football movies of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't it just "Little Giants"? And what kind of video store can't come up with other clean options?

Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment. Phone Post 3.0

Working in the mall, we had a Musak service that usually mixed it up pretty well. It didn't repeat songs any more than most radio stations. Until Christmas when they played maybe 12 songs on a loop. 

When I used to lifeguard we had a late night open swim for adults.  For a high school kid was easy money since it was all old folks doing water aerobics or masters swimmings doing laps vs. the kid's open swim where you can't tell if someone is swimming or drowning.  However, their fucking playlist was the same thing every week...anytime I hear any song from that list (like that Cecilia you're breaking my heart song) I have PTSD flashbacks and all I can see is large 80 year old women slowly walking and moving their arms in circles.

Worked the drive thru of a Whataburger in high school and my first year of college I would go home and hear that fucking dinging for hours. Phone Post 3.0

When I was in the Navy we in port, Phuket and our ship IC'man put Boogie nights on site TV. It was on loop for 2 days before the XO found out. It took 1 more day to get someone back to the boat to change it. Phone Post 3.0

Not quite the same, but here goes:

One summer back in '95 I lived right on the beach. Right next door to my place was a Beach Bar. They hired a Reggae Band for the summer, called Equal Rights. These guys knew exactly 12 songs. Literally ONLY 12 songs. They played them all night, EVERY night, ALL SUMMER LONG!

Chango

When I worked at GameStop they played that stupid gtv on loop all day and every Wednesday I would open and close so by the end of the day I wanted to off myself Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent - I used to work at Hollywood video in high school and we couldn't play movies with cursing or violence so we would watch "The Little Giants" all day long. I know that movie word for word from beginning to end. Still one of the more underrated football movies of all time. Phone Post 3.0
Plus The Ice Box ended up being really fucking hot Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan -

Isn't it just "Little Giants"? And what kind of video store can't come up with other clean options?
Manager was just 19 years old and it was his favorite movie at the time so that's all he on to watch. Phone Post 3.0

ChangoBravo - Not quite the same, but here goes:

One summer back in '95 I lived right on the beach. Right next door to my place was a Beach Bar. They hired a Reggae Band for the summer, called Equal Rights. These guys knew exactly 12 songs. Literally ONLY 12 songs. They played them all night, EVERY night, ALL SUMMER LONG!

Chango
I lived next to a bar that had a reggae band every Thursday night. Friday was only day I had to get up early. I swear they played all the songs in order each week and music/tempo never changed. Drove me nuts. They were real Jamaicans which made it funny that they always ended with a reggae version of weezer's undone(sweater song) Phone Post 3.0

There is an "As Seen on TV" shop in an outlet mall near me.

It is basically just full of products you see on infomercials.

Along the walls of the store, they have some of their most popular items; For each of these items, they have a little TV on display that shows the commercials for the products.

There are probably about 20 of these TVs throughout the store, which is just one room.

All of these damn informercials are going on at the same time; You hear the Shamwow guy, the Oxi-Clean guy, etc. all at the same time.

I was in there for a couple of minutes once and felt like I was about to go Walter Sobchak on the world; I can't imagine actually having to work there. Phone Post 3.0

I used to work in a hospital. The observation unit had 6 patients. Each had like 3 or 4 monitors and at any time at least 3 or 4 were chiming or beeping or chirping. It was kindof weird how I just shut it out. Good thing I never became a nurse. Phone Post 3.0

Did some display work for about a month in the National Infantry Museum Near Ft. Benning, Georgia. We had to work 2nd/3rd shift when it was closed.
Some nights an alarm or some kind of warning would go off, across the entire place, for hours and hours. We were working sometimes 15 hour shifts. I'll probably never forget that buzzing sound.

WHOOOUUP!!! WHOOOUUP!!! WHOOOUUP!!! WHOOOUUP!!!

And when I think about that sound, I can remember the exhaustion from the long hours and messed up sleeping patterns. Good money though. Phone Post 3.0

I worked in a Resturant where the manager played the same tape (yes, tape it was the 1980's) every fucking night.

One night 18 year old tjmitch had enough, and knew what he had to do.

Side 1 was over, time to go flip it over.

I pinched that thing and pulled like 2 or 3 inches of tape out, put it in and pushed play. Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - I worked in a Resturant where the manager played the same tape (yes, tape it was the 1980's) every fucking night.

One night 18 year old tjmitch had enough, and knew what he had to do.

Side 1 was over, time to go flip it over.

I pinched that thing and pulled like 2 or 3 inches of tape out, put it in and pushed play. Phone Post 3.0
Was there an attempt with a pencil to save it or was it too late? Phone Post 3.0