Joe Calzaghe

Poptarts - 
TtoMyJ14 - his last victory was over several years past his time roy jones jr who knocked him down in 1st round. He didnt look good that fight. If he would of fought Bernard Hopkins, Kelly Pavlik, he would of lost.

He fought Hopkins, and won. I hear what you are saying though, if he would of fought guys like Pavlik, Jones, Toney ect in their primes, he'd either have a much different record or be considered one of he best ever.

He went out beating Hopkins, Jones and Kessler when Kessler was ontop, it's impressive but his entire career has sort of been known for avoiding the top guys unfortunately.

Pavlik had absolutely nothing for Calzaghe; his style was tailor made for him.

Personally I think he's underrated by most, but he should have been fighting better competition sooner.

Because he's Welsh-Italian. No one ever expects a Brit to be good at boxing once they cross the Atlantic, and Calzaghe was. If he had the same name, same style and was born in NY or Boston, he'd be considered an all time great.

He would have clowned Pavlik if that fight happened. He beats RJJ any time after 2000.

Criminally underrated.

The Lacy win was enormous at the time. Lacy was considered SMW Tyson and Joe gave him a boxing lesson. Pavlik would have gone to the same school.

TtoMyJ14 - his last victory was over several years past his time roy jones jr who knocked him down in 1st round. He didnt look good that fight. If he would of fought Bernard Hopkins, Kelly Pavlik, he would of lost.
How old was joe when he fought those guys?

About 35/36?

Ppl seem to forget that.

He also comfortably beat Kessler who is considered a beast now a days.

He was an amazing fighter. Phone Post 3.0

TtoMyJ14 - not trying be a dick. Hes a great boxer but he never a all time great in his prime. Thats also because there arent any great boxer anymore at weight unfortunately.
He beat Hopkins who went on to win 2 world titles after! Phone Post 3.0

TtoMyJ14 - his last victory was over several years past his time roy jones jr who knocked him down in 1st round. He didnt look good that fight. If he would of fought Bernard Hopkins, Kelly Pavlik, he would of lost.

Your talking out your arse, he got dropped with a forearm to the nose, And he lit roy up the whole fight.

Werdum's Half-Irish Love Child - I loved the clinic he put on Lacey. The Americans didn't give Joe a chance and he completely took Jeff to school, masterpiece to watch. Phone Post 3.0
Yeap.

Calzaghe is an all-time great, imo. Phone Post 3.0

Pavlik was on fire when they talked about that fight it didnt happen because of Calzaghe.

I like how people keep bringing up straight up incorrect shit about him and his record and then backtrack. "Would have lost to hopkins," bullshit is unreal. Don't even know the fighter or who he fought. Fucking ridiculous. Phone Post