Joe Lauzon salary excluding otn bonuses

I'm a bit surprised to see that he only made 24+24 for his last fight...

13 fight vet in the UFC, statistically the most exciting fighter... I'd figure the base payscale would be higher!

I hope he's getting some decent backroom bonus on top :)

jushintiger - Actually seems pretty good for an undercard salary. Once he gets back in the title picture I am sure it will go up.

main card on fox, not undercard.

I agree, he should prob make a bit more. However all of the OTN bonuses must supplement his income nicely. Phone Post

I would have thought he would have been making something like 36+36, but it's not like he's at the bottom the totem pole.

Sketchd -
jushintiger - Actually seems pretty good for an undercard salary. Once he gets back in the title picture I am sure it will go up.

Anything under co-main is considered undercard...I think that's what he was trying to say Phone Post

I think he deserves more. His fights are worth and he always interacts with his fans. Phone Post

Probably getting even more bonuses than what is reported Phone Post

He should still get paid more. UFC doesnt appreciate him enough. He should go to the Chael school of getting paid more, err I mean school of trash talking. Phone Post

PrestigeWorldwide -
Sketchd -

Anything under co-main is considered undercard...I think that's what he was trying to say Phone Post

That's a stretch. You ask 100 fans what the undercard is, and the overwhelming majority will say the prelims. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Probably getting even more bonuses than what is reported Phone Post

I hope this is the case Phone Post

Im more surprised to hear he still has a student loan after all of these OTN bonuses. Phone Post

That's probably what his contract says he gets paid. I'm sure come resigning time there will be a significant increase. Phone Post

Holy shit, $48k for that last fight!?!?  Very nice.  

Throw in his sponsorship money and all those bonuses and this kid has to be closing in on a million dollars.  And just for fighting, no education required, no office to report to, just fight and enjoy the life style.  Plus insurance and appearance fees too.  

Kudos on the opportunities now availbale in the UFC.  I remember the days when guys used to fight for $100 flat.  Awesome! 

lets not make make 48k seem like it's nothing, sure it won't buy you a solid gold house, but a young/single guy like J-lau would be doing fine on that alone...but he also fights more than once a year

The guys that move the "needle" as Lorenzo says, are the ones who make big money. The Shoguns, BJ, Silva, Gsp, Bisping, Cain. Joe L is just as or more exciting then all those guys but he's not a big star like them. I think he's probobly more so now though and def should be making 45 show 45 win. Phone Post

Yeah but then you look at fighters who start out at 8k,10k, and you wonder how come Joe's base isn't higher at this point.

For example, Bader has 10 fights in the UFC and his base is 47k.

I just look at two simple comparisons. Swick made $43k base, and Bader made $47k base....I can't see justification in either of them making almost TWICE Joe's $24k base salary.

Not that they should make less, but Joe should be at least $50 just when I compare him to those two guys. Phone Post

In all honesty i think Joe is getting paid just fine and still has a long career ahead of him. He has a gym and seems to be a very smart guy. The future is bright for him and financially I'm sure he will be well off by the time his fight career is all said and done. Phone Post

ttt

48 is not good money, it certainly is better than I ever made, but lets face it, one I fought a long time ago and two... I wasn't very good. Joe trains full time, he has to pay his manager, his trainers, corner men, ect. If he keeps half of that he is doing well.

rev