Joe Lauzon salary excluding otn bonuses

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - 

I just look at two simple comparisons. Swick made $43k base, and Bader made $47k base....I can't see justification in either of them making almost TWICE Joe's $24k base salary.

Not that they should make less, but Joe should be at least $50 just when I compare him to those two guys. Phone Post

Bader won TUF, Swick didn't. I'm sure that factors into contract negotiations.

Deserves much more IMO

If Joe's fighting, I'm more than likely buying the PPV

Another factor is weight class.

The middleweights up typically get paid more because there is USUALLY a higher KO ratio for the big guys

FinestScotch - 
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - 

I just look at two simple comparisons. Swick made $43k base, and Bader made $47k base....I can't see justification in either of them making almost TWICE Joe's $24k base salary.

Not that they should make less, but Joe should be at least $50 just when I compare him to those two guys. Phone Post

Exactly this. No one who argues that he's paid fine will take points like these into consideration.

He's not only paid fine, he is paid at a fantastic rate.  

Bader won the Ultimate Fighter, Joe didn't.  

Mike Swick has 10 UFC wins.  When Joe reaches 10 UFC wins, we can compare apples to apples.  

And finally, has anyone considered that perhaps those guys have better managers than Joe Lauzon?

Pay that man! Phone Post

jushintiger - 
GROUNDnLB - 
PrestigeWorldwide -
Sketchd -
jushintiger - Actually seems pretty good for an undercard salary. Once he gets back in the title picture I am sure it will go up.

main card on fox, not undercard.

Anything under co-main is considered undercard...I think that's what he was trying to say Phone Post

That's a stretch. You ask 100 fans what the undercard is, and the overwhelming majority will say the prelims. Phone Post

Then I would say that those 100 fans don't know dick about how a card works, but have an abundance of Ed Hardy t-shirts.

people forget that boxing is where this came from, and there was a main event and all the others were undercard.

the foobs just don't know what things mean.

letsgobois -  I'm sure Joe doesn't have a problem with his reported salary being only $48K, that's just less he has to get taxed on.

I don't think you understand how taxes work Phone Post

SinCityHustler - Holy shit, $48k for that last fight!?!?  Very nice.  

Throw in his sponsorship money and all those bonuses and this kid has to be closing in on a million dollars.  And just for fighting, no education required, no office to report to, just fight and enjoy the life style.  Plus insurance and appearance fees too.  

Kudos on the opportunities now availbale in the UFC.  I remember the days when guys used to fight for $100 flat.  Awesome! 

Came here to post pretty much exactly this Phone Post

"makes it more tax efficient to have it paid as a discretionary rather than contractual bonus perhaps?"

There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE regarding taxes, income is income whether it's discretionary or contractual !!!!

You also don't know if Dana paid him anything additional. Dana tends to reward guys that put on good fights regardless of what the "official" numbers are.

I commented on that too, OP, especially since one of the most BORING guys on the entire UFC roster, Ryan Bader, made 47k. Boggles the mind.

To add to all that's been said His 100% finish rate I think deserves a higher pay rate. Phone Post

He should be paid more. Itleast 45k and 45k

His pay for the Jens Pulver fight was $6K.

I will assume thats $3K + $3K.

That was 6 years ago next month.

With all due respect to Joe, and taking into consideration that I admittedly do not know what other bonuses he has recieved, and also taking into consideration the guy is balls to the wall exciting, the guy deserves at least $50K just to set foot in the cage whether he wins, loses, finishes, or not.

double

GROUNDnLB - 
PrestigeWorldwide -
Sketchd -
jushintiger - Actually seems pretty good for an undercard salary. Once he gets back in the title picture I am sure it will go up.

Anything under co-main is considered undercard...I think that's what he was trying to say Phone Post

That's a stretch. You ask 100 fans what the undercard is, and the overwhelming majority will say the prelims. Phone Post

What? Why would this be true... undercard has never meant that.

This is MMA, not boxing..Joe was on the main card, not the undercard.

Sketchd - This is MMA, not boxing..Joe was on the main card, not the undercard.

I think you're confusing undercard with preliminaries.

khaynes21 -
PrestigeWorldwide - 
Sketchd -

LMAO@ " the under card is considered anything below the co-main event "

YOU my FRIEND, may have enlisted your self for a nomination : Idiot poster of the year?

Your name ranks pretty high amongst them.

Huh? R u on crack right now? Phone Post

He's gets paid what his contract says. Once it's up he can renegotiate.

You think Anderson deserves only 200K?

He is stuck in that contract until he loses or gives up the title though.

I think...