Joe Rogan getting hyped about Cain Velasquez

i totally agree with Rogan and will jump on his nuthuggery of Velasquez lol. im sold on Velasquez after back to back stoppages over Rothwell and Big Nog. i know the UFC wont make this fight but i would love to see Velasquez vs. Dos Santos to see whose the ultimate heavyweight prospect. if Velasquez fights Carwin or Lesnar i do see him having a problem with their size but i wont count him out against those guys

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Joe-Rogan-on-Cain-Velasquez-He-is-frighteningly-talented-and-frighteningly-dedicated.html

Amazing natural talent + superb wrestling background + complete dedication to MMA is a deadly combination

I'm with Joe on this one.

I think after all the dust settles, Velasquez v. Fedor is what everyones going to by lobbying for, and i bet the betting odds wouldn't favor Fedor as much as any others.

I am still keying on the fact that Kongo dropped him, so that chin hasn't been tested against the sledgehammers of the division like Carwin and Lensar.  However Cain is a real prospect that could easily work on his stand-up enough to defend and get a shot, like Couture has done lately.

HollywoodHendo -  I'm not sold. Kongo kicked his ass when they were standing, and he just KO'ed Nogueira who has been uitilizing terrible stand-up defense lately.

With the Rothwell fight, Ben was keeping him at bay for awhile and the stoppage was terrible.

Junior Dos Santos would actually be a dangerous fight for him. Hell, anyone with good takedown defense and excellent stand-up could take him out.  Gonzaga is not a great fighter, but he'd give Cain fits.

Out of the elite four in the UFC's heavyweight division right now (Lesnar, JDS, Cain, Carwin) I don't know if I pick him over any of the others. I think Lesnar would have trouble, but would win with the superior wrestling.

Now let me say this; Cain is still a great fighter, but whenever I watch a fight it's the weaknesses that stick with me more than the domination. That way whenever a fight is announced, I know what advantages each fighter will have. I think Cain doesn't have the chin to stand, but he's been fortunate because there's been a lack of killer instinct on the other side.

This is nearly as retarded as your GSP thread which was frozen.

Doesnt have the chin....are you serious?  Kongo blasted him several times and he just kept right on coming.  It's easy to see that his stand up is way ahead of what it was in the Kongo fight as we saw in the Nog fight.  Cain is a force to be reckoned with, for anyone.  JDS would be a great fight, I wouldn't bet the house against him on any of the guys you mentioned.

Willie P Hurst -  I am still keying on the fact that Kongo dropped him, so that chin hasn't been tested against the sledgehammers of the division like Carwin and Lensar.

Are you serious? The first over hand right that hit Cain would've dropped a fucking rhino. Cain was moving forward and got blasted with a perfect bomb.

CDO - I think people are overlooking the fact that Big Nog is not that good anymore. He isn't really a good gauge of anyone's ability.

-CDO

Totally agree about Nog.

im on board..if i had to bet on a 2011 hw champ...it would be cain

I think he is a great fighter...but too small to beat guys like Carwin or Brock. Both those guys can negate his wrestling and they both have good enough standup to get through and get him against the cage.

canuck34 - I think he is a great fighter...but too small to beat guys like Carwin or Brock. Both those guys can negate his wrestling and they both have good enough standup to get through and get him against the cage.

brock had a hard time taking handy down...cain is basically the same size or bigger and he is much quicker with much better striking....

It's a developing pattern that fighters go from having competent striking to amazing striking after fighting the current Nog. In the same way that a fighter looks to have unexceptional striking in a fight but looks awesome on a heavy bag.

HollywoodHendo -  I'm not sold. Kongo kicked his ass when they were standing, and he just KO'ed Nogueira who has been uitilizing terrible stand-up defense lately.

With the Rothwell fight, Ben was keeping him at bay for awhile and the stoppage was <b>terrible.</b>

Junior Dos Santos would actually be a dangerous fight for him. Hell, anyone with good takedown defense and excellent stand-up could take him out.  Gonzaga is not a great fighter, but he'd give Cain fits.

Out of the elite four in the UFC's heavyweight division right now (Lesnar, JDS, Cain, Carwin) I don't know if I pick him over any of the others. I think Lesnar would have trouble, but would win with the superior wrestling.

Now let me say this; Cain is still a great fighter, but whenever I watch a fight it's the weaknesses that stick with me more than the domination. That way whenever a fight is announced, I know what advantages each fighter will have. I think Cain doesn't have the chin to stand, but he's been fortunate because there's been a lack of killer instinct on the other side.

i think the stoppage against Rothwell was right on unless you wanted Rothwell to get murdered

Milford Cubicle - Carwin, Dos Santos and Brock would beat him.

Well, F*ck!! Let's see it then!! Velasquez/Dos Santos is the HW fight I want to see.

His chin is fine - the problem is the fact that he got hit right on the button 3-4 times in one fight...by a guy not exactly known for landing home run strikes.

Dos Santos is a beast. Make that fight with Velasquez.

Cain's a beast. Many fighters say he's probably the best heayweight fighting right now.