Joe Rogan: "GSP's alien encounters = brain trauma"

On Fox Sports news it says Joe Rogan thinks GSP's claims of being abducted by aliens and missing time (which he believes is the real reason why he has taken time off) is because he suffers from brain trauma and should retire

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/joe-rogan-thinks-gsp-should-retire-because-of-alien-encounter-claims-111913

Excerpt:

Joe Rogan thinks Georges St-Pierre should retire from the UFC and it has nothing to do with the personal issues GSP wouldn’t talk about Saturday night.

Back in April, St-Pierre said on Rogan’s podcast that he believes he has had contact with aliens. And the UFC color commentator thinks brain trauma could be to blame for these “encounters.”

“I think he’s taken too many shots,” Rogan said on Sirius XM’s “The Opie & Anthony Show” on Monday.

Any time someone starts talking about extra terrestrials and it has nothing to do with a sci-fi movie, it does raise some flags.

Linky: http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/joe-rogan-thinks-gsp-should-retire-because-of-alien-encounter-claims-111913

But yeah... missing time is a big red flag of something wrong in the head.

How does a severe brain injury affect the individual?
A severe brain injury produces physiologic, cognitive, emotional, psychological and behavioral changes. Some individuals develop medical problems related to specific deficits caused by the brain injury. The part of the brain that is injured determines the long-term effects. Often a severe brain injury involves multiple areas of the brain, resulting in multiple disabilities. Physical functions can be affected, such as standing, walking and eye-hand coordination. Cognitive changes can include issues with memory and language. Personality traits can be affected. People may lose their natural inhibitions and behavior control, leading to inappropriate behavior. The effects of a brain injury can be extremely widespread, impacting all areas of a person’s life and requiring extensive medical and rehabilitative treatment.

Does anyone have a link to this "aliens" talk by GSP? I'd like to hear it, to see what was actually said. Or, can anyone provide an accurate cliff's notes of what GSP said?

alley - Does anyone have a link to this "aliens" talk by GSP? I'd like to hear it, to see what was actually said. Or, can anyone provide an accurate cliff's notes of what GSP said?

I think this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGD3HJVBRs

TheRealMrBeefy - He is fine. It's perfectly normal to forget portions of a fight. I bet getting punched and kicked in the face/head has nothing to do with it. Phone Post 3.0
he misses chunks of time in real life too. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with Joe. To think that GSP hasn't sustained some kind of permanent damage by now is both callous and naive.

TheRealMrBeefy - He is fine. It's perfectly normal to forget portions of a fight. I bet getting punched and kicked in the face/head has nothing to do with it. Phone Post 3.0

its not just fights. he says he could be going to the store which takes like 10 minutes but then he looks at his watch and realizes it took him 2 hours rather than 10 minutes and he has no idea what happened in those 2 hours of missing time. no recollection of them.

he needs a hypnotist to recall some of those memories

So Joe took something GSP said on his podcast and twisted it into brain trauma?

fuck off.

Thread already on it.. And fuck joe rogan. Phone Post 3.0

thorsmitersaw - 
alley - Does anyone have a link to this "aliens" talk by GSP? I'd like to hear it, to see what was actually said. Or, can anyone provide an accurate cliff's notes of what GSP said?

I think this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGD3HJVBRs

Thanks for the link. Seems pretty clear that GSP was joking about aliens.

The only thing he seemed serious about was that he zones out and time passes without him realizing it. Hours. But he also says that has been going on since he was a kid.

The aliens stuff was just trolling. He was clearly joking.

BW92 - Link didn't give good excerpts he told Rogan that he'd be driving home and then he'd be home with no memory of getting there and having no memory of other periods of time so he thought something like him being abducted by aliens was going on

Which sounds like, as Joe put it, he's eaten too many head kicks Phone Post 3.0

It's been a while since I listened to the podcast, but I'm pretty sure he said it's been happening since he was young.

So unless he started fighting in kindergarten.....

alley - The only thing he seemed serious about was that he zones out and time passes without him realizing it. Hours. But he also says that has been going on since he was a kid.

The aliens stuff was just trolling. He was clearly joking.

He did mention he got beat up by his bullies a few times pretty bad in highschool so maybe the head trauma started then. Who knows?

Joe seems to be putting words in his mouth, maybe this is why gsp was so hesitant to comment on aliens during the podcast. Phone Post 3.0

A concussion = brain trauma
Every fighter experiences it. Phone Post 3.0

HandyDarsh - Joe seems to be putting words in his mouth, maybe this is why gsp was so hesitant to comment on aliens during the podcast. Phone Post 3.0
This. He all but forced him to talk about his "alien" experience and now he's using it as a reason for retirement. Kinda shitty, IMHO. Phone Post 3.0

"The darkness" he has talked about is also suspicious.

Why is Rogan dismissing the part where he clearly asked GSP how long has this been happening and GSP clearly replies "since I was a kid"

So GSP had brain trauma since he was a kid or is Rogan being dishonest? Phone Post

I disagree with a lot of what Joe has to say about MMA these, and I often feel as if he projects quite a bit when discussing issues like head trauma, but I do tend to agree with him when it comes to GSP. Not just because of some comment GSP made about alien abduction, but for the stat that 50% of the strikes landed on GSP in his entire career have come in his last three fights.

Cunty Joe Rogan. 

Way to throw GSP under the bus like your boss Dana.