Joe Rogan: "GSP's alien encounters = brain trauma"

After 167 GSP said he was hit so hard he had memory and vision loss. That's about as specific as you can get.

Retire.

IP - After 167 GSP said he was hit so hard he had memory and vision loss. That's about as specific as you can get.

Retire.

It's "as specific as you get" that he had a concussion from that fight. Not that he's always suffering from head trauma or that he should retire. Now, that might be the case, but it's not one fucked up interview where he just got severely hit in the head a few times that you can decide that!

EddiePain420 - 
Silverball - I disagree with a lot of what Joe has to say about MMA these, and I often feel as if he projects quite a bit when discussing issues like head trauma, but I do tend to agree with him when it comes to GSP. Not just because of some comment GSP made about alien abduction, but for the stat that 50% of the strikes landed on GSP in his entire career have come in his last three fights.

the whole"50 % shots he took in his last three fights" are easily explained and it isn't head trauma.

1. one of those three are nick fucking diaz, who throws 2000 strikes

2. carlos condit who also throws 2000 strikes

3. and then hendricks who landed more but gsp still landed his

if ANY fighter fights these 3 guys in a row they will also" absorb 50% more strikes than they ever have",hell, nick diaz can do that alone

Uh!!!! Hendricks? The fight was last week.

GSP has been seeing aliens since way before that....

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
IP - After 167 GSP said he was hit so hard he had memory and vision loss. That's about as specific as you can get.

Retire.

It's "as specific as you get" that he had a concussion from that fight. Not that he's always suffering from head trauma or that he should retire. Now, that might be the case, but it's not one fucked up interview where he just got severely hit in the head a few times that you can decide that!

I'm making the assumption that GSP has suffered similar symptoms as a result of previous fights and hard sparing (him talking about losing track of time periodically). He might be susceptible to head related injuries (again, I'm assuming a lot). Concussions, as we've seen with NFL players, are nothing to ignore.

My point is - if the above is true - I want to see him get out before he takes on permanent damage.

Issue: Fighter with long career of being punched in head is battling cases of short term amnesia

UG & DFW: LET HIM BANG MORE BRO!

I'm on team Rogan here, dude needs a couple years off at least after the last 18 months of head punches

8flat - 
BW92 - Link didn't give good excerpts he told Rogan that he'd be driving home and then he'd be home with no memory of getting there and having no memory of other periods of time so he thought something like him being abducted by aliens was going on

Which sounds like, as Joe put it, he's eaten too many head kicks Phone Post 3.0

It's been a while since I listened to the podcast, but I'm pretty sure he said it's been happening since he was young.

So unless he started fighting in kindergarten.....

Perhaps it's DID? It would be sad to learn that GSP was molested as a kid.

Joe was a real prick during GSP's post fight speech.

RyannVonDoom - Thread already on it.. And fuck joe rogan. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

GSP said these memory issues happened his whole life. Doubt it's aliens, though. More likely a minor short circuit between short- and long-term memory, a la deja vu.