Joe Rogan: Hendo might be fighting for GOAT VS JBJ

He said this to DFW on FOX after the fights. BTW did you guys notice DFW's facial expression after Joe said that? LOL

I'm a huge Hendo fan but I can not agree. I think we fans have trouble understanding GOAT in general. He is the guy that can beat anyone. If Hendo is to be GOAT in my mind he must not only beat JBJ but then beat JDS too. To his credit he already welcomed that fight too.

Hendo though with holding two LHW belts and a MW Belt and having won an open weight tourney (as well as three other tournaments) all while holding 2-1 record VS the two HW GOATS (and being 6-1 VS HW's overall - I believe that is the correct number) is the PROVEN greatest P4P fighter in MMA history hands down.

Further it seems pretty clear that with his LHW belts and 6-1 record VS HW's fighting as a LHW (yea I'm counting Fedor even though he drank a "ton of water" to make 207), and holding championships in both in the UFC 17 tourney, and King of Rings Open weight tourney also at LHW (using definition of under 206 and greater than 183 lbs -maybe the Brazil open too?), he is fighting for LHW GOAT VS JBJ too.

Hendo has a lot at stake in the fight. UG members may refer to the threads "what MMA fans are forgetting about Hendo VS JBJ and "what are Hendo's advantages and what are the?'s" for break downs. This thread deals ONLY with what is at stake in the fight.

Will never understand why dudes hate on fighters- especially humble warriors like fedor and Jedi knights like anderson.
Strange. Phone Post

Lazer MMA - He said this to DFW on FOX after the fights. BTW did you guys notice DFW's facial expression after Joe said that? LOL

I'm a huge Hendo fan but I can not agree. I think we fans have trouble understanding GOAT in general. He is the guy that can beat anyone. If Hendo is to be GOAT in my mind he must not only beat JBJ but then beat JDS too. To his credit he already welcomed that fight too.

Hendo though with holding two LHW belts and a MW Belt and having won an open weight tourney (as well as three other tournaments) all while holding 2-1 record VS the two HW GOATS (and being 6-1 VS HW's overall - I believe that is the correct number) is the PROVEN greatest P4P fighter in MMA history hands down.

Further it seems pretty clear that with his LHW belts and 6-1 record VS HW's fighting as a LHW (yea I'm counting Fedor even though he drank a "ton of water" to make 207), and holding championships in both in the UFC 17 tourney, and King of Rings Open weight tourney also at LHW (using definition of under 206 and greater than 183 lbs -maybe the Brazil open too?), he is fighting for LHW GOAT VS JBJ too.

Hendo has a lot at stake in the fight. UG members may refer to the threads "what MMA fans are forgetting about Hendo VS JBJ and "what are Hendo's advantages and what are the?'s" for break downs. This thread deals ONLY with what is at stake in the fight.

So if anyone that can beat a man with this kind of resume must be really good eh? If only such a man existed.

Lol somebody's a fighter basher.. Phone Post

Eunuchorn - ^^why is this dude randomly talkin shit about fedor^^

lol

This must be the first time you have seen a post from Doctor MMA....

GOAT is pretty subjective, so there really is not a "right" or "wrong" answer. 

That said, from a records/accomplishments standpoint it is very difficult for me to put Hendo above Fedor/Anderson. They just have a more impressive run, less losses, and were more dynamic in the cage.

However, let's not pretend like some people's values for GOAT wouldn't put a Henderson, or a GSP, or even a Saku up there. Who are we to tell them they are wrong?

Authority Figure - 
Lazer MMA - He said this to DFW on FOX after the fights. BTW did you guys notice DFW's facial expression after Joe said that? LOL

So if anyone that can beat a man with this kind of resume must be really good eh? If only such a man existed.

A little bit of a dumb post. Hendo has the best resume maybe in MMA but lots of losses to because of that (he fought really only killers). He is MUCH better with weight on. I think a hater post, so be it. He is the greatest PROVEN P4P fighter per the OP.

dwc - I agree with Joe. I've been having this debate with friends since the fight was announced.

Hendo's resume is brilliant. Unparalleled really. Take a moment to look over his record. Now imagine it with a W over Bones Jones.

IMO he is the real sleeper candidate for GOAT status. It's a tough path in front of him, but it's there if he is able to grab it. It's not impossible. He deserves to be in the discussion as it is, but with a UFC LHW title win over Jones? Cmon.

To take this a step further, imagine he beats Jones and then, one way or another, gets a rematch with Anderson Silva.

Now you're speaking my language. There is no way I could put him over Anderson/Fedor with just a win over Jones. However, if he then gets the fight with Andy and WINS, it will be hard not to move him into #1...

Right now his record is too streaky, there was too much questionable shit going on in PRIDE, and I really have an issue with Dan "I have the testosterone levels of an 18-24 year old" Hendrson getting credit for something his body couldn't do without the help of steroids. 

UGCTT_LnPninja -
Eunuchorn - ^^why is this dude randomly talkin shit about fedor^^

lol

This must be the first time you have seen a post from Doctor MMA....

Truth! Phone Post

^^^^^ All he does. Ever. 

I am an Anderson dick rider (like he is), but I have respect for fighters. This dude is just a coward who trolls and fighter bashes whenever he can. Pretty sad he has been allowed to have an account this long, just because he paid for it.

In for gif of Dana's reaction Phone Post

I have no issue with Hendo being in the GOAT discussion. If he beats Jones, he certainly needs to be considered as a strong possibility. It would definitely cement his status of the greatest American mixed martial artist ever though.

Doctor mma -  Fedor was mentioned on OP, didnt you read it?

You are a fucking moron...

Was an article picked up by UG News a couple months back on the same topic. If you look at big wins, it's hard to find anyone with more of them than Dan. He does, however, have a lot of bad losses and questionable decisions. Greatness, however, is not a single characteristic and can be measured in a variety of ways. It needs a context to make sense; otherwise, it begs the question "great at what?" If greatness is measured by winning fights in which he is overmatched, Hendo is unquestionably great.

One of the greatest players in NBA history is not on any top all time lists: Robert Horry. He was a good player for most of his career, sometimes a very good player, but when big games needed to be won, no one was greater than Big Shot Rob. He was an assassin. So is Hendo.

chris lytle for goat or get the fuck out, or fedor close second.

dan's run is brilliant though. he's kinda already there with a win over fedor if you're being objective about it in the sense that he's the only one with a decent resume to have beaten, and lost to the other goat candidates. anderson vs fedor completes the tournament!

i think a win over jones makes him one of the greatest ever, but it's like, isn't already one of the greatest ever? broz? does he /really/ need a jones win to even be considered?

lytle though... just sayin'

oh yeah also disagree he needs to beat jones AND jds... wtf lazer - and then he needs to beat the Crazy 88 while flying through the air in a yellow and black tracksuit? no just no

Fedor, A. Silva and GSP are the best of all time. Although GSP is the only guy who hadn't beaten anyine bigger than himself. They also all have losses to smaller guys.

They are much more versatile than Hendo, who is definitely a.legend and a hall of famer.

Also, notice how all of these fighters have losses to subpar competition on their records? Shit happens. Phone Post

If hendo wins then fuck the machida fight, make Anderson vs hendo at 195. Battle for GOAT status. Phone Post

Doctor mma -  Fedor was mentioned on OP, didnt you read it?

Go kill yourself. Phone Post

cumprido1 -  Fedor, A. Silva and GSP are the best of all time. Although GSP is the only guy who hadn't beaten anyine bigger than himself. They also all have losses to smaller guys.

They are much more versatile than Hendo, who is definitely a.legend and a hall of famer.

Also, notice how all of these fighters have losses to subpar competition on their records? Shit happens. Phone Post
Agree with all of this. I also think that we mistakenly grade the person instead of the run. Fedor's 10 year run. Anderson's current win streak. Shogun's time in Pride. Losses are part of MMA and mean less in this sport than they do in boxing. Greatness is often found in those periods between losses. And sometimes, greatness even includes the losses (for example, Brock showed greatness in his loss to Frank Mir).