Joe Rogan VS Open Borders

Yet another episode where Joe Rogan and his guest where entirely for open borders, arguing that we are all just people and should be able to freely go where ever we want, without checks and balances, and that the current state of borders in America is obsolete and outdated. 

I am getting really tired of increadably wealthy people that live in gated communties, hire personal security guards, telling me that they don't beleive in the idea of walls or borders. 

Hey Joe, move your familiy out of your protected and gated communtiy, and travel with them to the parts of the world you refuse to go to for safety reasons without a security detail, and I'll consider changing my mind on the idea. 

There is a major shift happening with the guests on his media network, and the message they are pushing hard is starting to get more difficult to rationally tolerate. 

mada -

Most of his ideas concerning government are very simple and naive. I like the podcast and still listen to it quite a bit, but I almost stopped when he kept talking about a counsel of elders instead of a president. It was pathetic that he knows so little about the checks and balances already built into our government and kept acting like the president is a king. I don't think he's dumb, but sometimes his lack of education is very obvious. 

Well put. Although I do enjoy the show,  I find him a bit naive sometimes and despite knowing a good amount about some subjects, he does make some  errors concerning common/general knowledge (what was that one where he thought the population of Italy was about 2 million or so?). He's no academic but it's enjoyable and I take it with a grain of salt.

Hey guys, remember that he's a comedian? Please don't take it too seriously. That podcast generates the $ that keeps his family living the life that they do. Don't hate the guy. He had a fan base that listen and everything else doesn't matter. 

Btw, happy birthday Joe!

What do people expect? For Joe to be on point about everything? He has the most diverse podcast out there. I would say his Program is the most diverse in all of American media.

He's going to sound like an ass at time. That's because he does not stay in his own lane and his lane of fucking huge.

Next time Joe says something you think is dumb, sit back and remember that he's s comic who like to talk sout random shit he may find intresting.

Don't expect a lot head not to be lovey dovey when high.

I have my disagreements with Joe at times but lets see any of the haters put out six to nine hours of audio per week for seven years and receive nothing but adoration and virtual blowjobs from the masses.

I enjoy his podcast, if anything it's encouraged me to explore a ton of subjects beyond the surface discussion.

except flat earth, if you believe that you're in line to receive disability benefits for being retarded.

ThreadKiller -

Hey guys, remember that he's a comedian? Please don't take it too seriously. That podcast generates the $ that keeps his family living the life that they do. Don't hate the guy. He had a fan base that listen and everything else doesn't matter. 

Btw, happy birthday Joe!

Tired of that fall back excuse of being a comedian. It's played out.

1000% agree with op.

Haven't listened, but it's ok to be ideological sometimes, you know?

hippies gonna hippy

Open boarders are a big part of the Libertarian platform. Isn't Joe a Libertarian? 

Sure people can go where they want to as long as I as a taxpayer dint have to pay for them.

Want to come to US. Great, just don't expect any benefits.

I feel when it comes to "rich people" Rogan seems the most down to earth. But that one was bizarre. 

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -

Open boarders are a big part of the Libertarian platform. Isn't Joe a Libertarian? 

Yes but being Libertarian doesnt mean you have to 100% agree with everything they say

"There is a major shift happening with the guests on his media network, and the message they are pushing hard is starting to get more difficult to rationally tolerate."

He had Gavin McGinness on his show less than 2 months ago. It seems more like you are upset that his show doesnt pander to your beliefs

Maybe Rogans podcast isnt for you. You seem more like you want an eco chamber

Bench -
mada -

Most of his ideas concerning government are very simple and naive. I like the podcast and still listen to it quite a bit, but I almost stopped when he kept talking about a counsel of elders instead of a president. It was pathetic that he knows so little about the checks and balances already built into our government and kept acting like the president is a king. I don't think he's dumb, but sometimes his lack of education is very obvious. 

Well put. Although I do enjoy the show,  I find him a bit naive sometimes and despite knowing a good amount about some subjects, he does make some  errors concerning common/general knowledge (what was that one where he thought the population of Italy was about 2 million or so?). He's no academic but it's enjoyable and I take it with a grain of salt.

Contrary to popular belief, everyone can't be knowledgeable about everything. In fact, no can be.

There's a new movement among righteous social intellectuals that ignorance is somehow immoral when it comes to politics, social science and cultural awareness, but this is an untenable position. As I stated before, no one can be knowledgeable about everything, so in this view, everyone becomes an inherently immoral actor. Except of course, ourselves, because ignorance only looks like ignorance when you know more than the ignorant person. Subjectively, it's indistinguishable from wisdom.

That being said, you guys seem to have taken a sufficiently thoughtful and honest position in this regard, and it's nice to see. I'll take an honest ignoramous (as I try to remind myself to be) over a brilliant liar.

Guys, it's his fucking birthday. Why you wanna trash a man on day of birth is beyond me. Happy Birthday, Joe!

soliakbangedmydad -

i dont think there is a shift in his media network, in regards to political and social views.  hell, he had gavin mcinnes on about a month ago.  also, milo a few months ago

You guys realize he has 2 or 3 shows a week?

How is having someone 2 months ago, aka like 20 shows ago, a sample of how diverse his guests are?

TheTurtle -

Guys, it's his fucking birthday. Why you wanna trash a man on day of birth is beyond me. Happy Birthday, Joe!

Blow him as a birthday present if you are so preocupied with pleasing him.

This isnt the Rogan Board.

Huh... Stimulated conversation has been stimulated.
-we are discussing a point brought up on a podcast
-we don't all agree
-we have to consider our leanings and formulate belief structure
-we will argue our point
-we all plug a podcast
Debate is good. So is hearing well placed arguments from people you don't agree with.
Have we all lost the concept of steel sharpening steel