Joe Rogan would be a great Ref!!!

Or he could be a great choice to select as an instructor to train new referees and existing ones..... I mean he is well educated in MMA....what do u guys think

ttt

Rogan would be a great choice to Train new and existing Refs...problem resolved

A guy with zero reffing experience is the proper guy to train new refs?  I like Joe, but just because he is very experienced in MMA doesn't mean he should train officials.

Ya but don't we need someone who understands the sport and knows what to look for...he could also help in training Judges so they could know how to score properly

Come to think of it he should train the judges to properly score fights, giving them the proper knowledge so they would know how to score more efficiently.

ttt

for some Joe rogan Lovin'...New Official Trainer of Judges...he could open up a school

Being an informed and aware viewer/commentator doesn't automatically translate to being a good ref or judge. A good official has to apply his awareness and knowledge under pressure (remember, careers are riding on your ability to perform the job!) and with 100% impartiality...it's not something just anyone can do.

I like Joe, but I don't think he's ready to be any kind of official.

The same guy who thought Sanchez/Guida "could be a draw"?

...not if refs get piss tested......

^^ nice two man throw by Cecil.

Rogan is way to bias to judge a fight (anyone who attempts rubber guard automatically wins)
I'm a little sick of Rogan's nutriding while commentating (see Karo Parisian - Ryo Chonan , Jason Miller -GSP for a couple examples)
I understand Joe's a huge fan of the sport and fighters so some bias might creep in. But that's exactly why he shouldn't judge, he's too close to the fighters.

Mad Xyientist - A guy with zero reffing experience is the proper guy to train new refs?  I like Joe, but just because he is very experienced in MMA doesn't mean he should train officials.

Agree. Refs will probably tell you it takes a lot more than knowledge of the sport to be a good ref. I'm assuming you mean a judge and not a ref in the cage, because that requires even more. They have to be able to anticipate, stay out of the way of the fighters and stay off camera.

He probably could take several clinics on judging and get up to speed, but I assure you being a color commentator pays a lot more money.

teabagexpress - ...not if refs get piss tested......

+1

He should be a judge

... the only judge

he should be a ref while he's wearing a hands-free device so he could announce at the same time. THAT would be the shit.

Joe confuses me with his POV. He has stated many times he doesn't think there should be any stand ups. I think his quote was something like "I'm against all stand ups! If a guy like Sean Sherk can keep you down and lay on you, tough balls. Figure a way to get out of it or get up, its part of the sport.

But on other occations he has said "He should really stand them up" when there was no action on the ground.

So I don't know as a fan if Joe has changed his POV on the subject or is against certain kinds of ground stalls. But I think he would make a good ref if he could figure out what he wants.

BJM is the man. Great ref. black belt himself in bjj.

Ok just a thought...man you guys are rough

Mad Xyientist - A guy with zero reffing experience is the proper guy to train new refs?  I like Joe, but just because he is very experienced in MMA doesn't mean he should train officials.

Agreed we need a fine individual such as legendary ref Big Dan Mirgleaooteania

I remember Joe making the right call on this one.

"Stop the fight!" - Rogan

he'd be a good judge too i think. we need more knowledgable judges and refs, period. he'd be a good first selection. i also think that some former fighters(if they ever retire damnit!)would be good. Chuck, Maurice Smith, Severn, Gracie, Randy(when he retires)...people like that that have been in there and know the sport, should be judging/reffing.