Joe Rogans thoughts on Covid19: Then and Now

https://youtu.be/4VgzwheU4nQ

I would say that joe, like most people, changes his stance based on the available information as it comes in. 

Now we have more data. It isn’t 15 times worse than the flu. Millions will not die. The hospitals didn’t get overrun. The sky isn’t falling. 

12 Likes

they are a bit overly dismissive of it, but it's not what the guy from march 10 said it was. he said 10 to 15x worse than the worst flu season. worst flu season is around 80k deaths. COvid 19 is 10 to 15x worse than that. Maybe it'll end up 3x worse than that? 

1 Like

fun video

I don’t trust that virus expert either

1 Like
ufc98newb - 

they are a bit overly dismissive of it, but it's not what the guy from march 10 said it was. he said 10 to 15x worse than the worst flu season. worst flu season is around 80k deaths. COvid 19 is 10 to 15x worse than that. Maybe it'll end up 3x worse than that? 

do people even die of the flu anymore?

Rambo John J -
ufc98newb - 

Good question Rambo. Back in 2017 or 18, 80k or so died. 

But as of around March 15, 2020, people are no longer dying of it. 

4 Likes

There are people on twitter absolutely losing their minds over this video. THe new thing is to throw out the death rate for the world instead of just sticking to the US numbers. 

Is he still pretending it's no big deal while stringently testing people he comes in to contact with for his podcast? 

Rogan flip flopping, shocker. This is the guy who once said Honda could beat men in her division to saying she ''just never evolved'' when it came to fighting Holly and Nunes.

3 Likes

^^there was a point where he was definitely doing and saying certain things for the purpose of decorum, and he openly alluded to that when he had his friends on as guests. 

1 Like
Sernie Banders -

Rogan flip flopping, shocker. This is the guy who once said Honda could beat men in her division to saying she ''just never evolved'' when it came to fighting Holly and Nunes.

The humanity.

ufc98newb - 

^^there was a point where he was definitely doing and saying certain things for the purpose of decorum, and he openly alluded to that when he had his friends on as guests. 

Decorum isn’t breaking into tears when talking about a fighter

1 Like
Rambo John J -
ufc98newb - 

They usually die of pneumonia caused by the flu

KZTT_MMAfan55 -
Sernie Banders -

The humanity.

I couldn't care less. Just not surpised, this is a guy who changes his opinions drastically all of the time.

1 Like
TzTinkle -
ufc98newb - 

Decorum isn’t breaking into tears when talking about a fighter

i was referring to the covid19 testing

Sernie Banders -
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
Sernie Banders -

The humanity.

I couldn't care less. Just not surpised, this is a guy who changes his opinions drastically all of the time.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though is it? I think more people should change their opinions based off the information available as opposed to sticking to their guns no matter the evidence presented.

1 Like
Nickelback is my jam.. AMA -
Sernie Banders -
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
Sernie Banders -

The humanity.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though is it? I think more people should change their opinions based off the information available as opposed to sticking to their guns no matter the evidence presented.

In some cases yes, in others no. Rogan deals in hyperbole when it comes to MMA but maybe the UFC tells him to.

ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus -

Lol can someone make a Trump one?

It wouldn’t be a then & now. It would have to be a then, then a little bit later, and now

Factual information on this board when it comes to him is hard to come by.

I bet he never has Osterholm on the podcast again 

I expect better out of people who think the moon landing was fake.