Joe Rogans worst moment

ShanTheMan - 
Kirik -

Guys knock it off. In 2015 Ronda was #3 for Google's top trending people; #4 was Donald Trump. Her MMA career ended up with two losses, and instead of hanging on, she moved on to the WWE, and was for a time accordng the Meltzer the top draw there. Ronda Rousey was a phenomenon.

And my greatest wish now is that that she is far an happy. As opposed to being punchy.

Don't group me in with these misogynists. I only said Joe isnt funny.

Yah, apologies that I implied I meant you. Comedy is just a matter of taste. I love pistachio ice cream and it wouldn't make sense for someone to say "knock it off Cherry Garcia is way better."

Kirik -

Guys knock it off. In 2015 Ronda was #3 for Google's top trending people; #4 was Donald Trump. Her MMA career ended up with two losses, and instead of hanging on, she moved on to the WWE, and was for a time accordng the Meltzer the top draw there. Ronda Rousey was a phenomenon.

And my greatest wish now is that that she is far an happy. As opposed to being punchy.

What a simp 

GroundStPound -
touch -

far from his worst moment, D. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxYSleOX6c

Legit lol at Chuck every time.

I personally love how at the end when they mixed up GSP and Edgar Joe was just staring at the screen with his mouth wide open for a couple of seconds. Dude was high as a kite was he

chilz -

Watching that again, Joe was reading the prompter. Fox screwed that up. Not him. 

yeah the teleprompter said "let me introdooth"

1 Like
touch -
chilz -

Watching that again, Joe was reading the prompter. Fox screwed that up. Not him. 

yeah the teleprompter said "let me introdooth"

Talking about the end, dude. 

D241 - https://youtu.be/tgsoRzIrBYM?t=30

It was bad at the time, in hindsight, it's even worse.

Definitely not his best moment. He’s still super cool, hella funny, very open minded. But this is arguably his most “cringe” moment to date.

Please find the video clip where Rogan describes Rousey’s striking skils as… “k1 level” “world class”

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Kirik - 

Yep, she was like the Royce of WMMA. He gets mad repect to this day (rightly so) but she gets hated on. However, there was a difference in attitude and it wasnt a small one.  

Agreed. I told all my fellow mma enthusiasts that she was the Royce for wmma a very long time ago before Holly kicked her.

Kirik -
ShanTheMan - 
Kirik -

Don't group me in with these misogynists. I only said Joe isnt funny.

Yah, apologies that I implied I meant you. Comedy is just a matter of taste. I love pistachio ice cream and it wouldn't make sense for someone to say "knock it off Cherry Garcia is way better."

I was just joking,I don't think they hate women, just Ronda.

I have been a high school wrestling coach since 2009. Ronda has 100% changed the landscape of combat sports possibility for girls and is a huge reason why participation among girls has grown.

1 Like

... at the time Joe was right and did not have the benefit of hindsight. At the time Rhonda was a phenomenon... her effects in MMA are still resonating. At the time indeed it gave women something to be proud about, one of their own were at the top of a male dominated sport. 

can’t defend Rhonda as a person but as to her impact it is undeniable.

Rogan is cool in my books.

D241 -

Joe's the one who is emotional and seems like you are too(Hurley) if you're worried that much about me.

You post in multiple threads on rondaat the same time while also bumping old threads from years ago, going on and on about how terrible she is and that's fine. 

I write one sentence about it and suddenly I'm the one who is emotional and worried that much about you. Lol.

Kirik - 

Well, the reason she gets the shit she does is because she was both a terrible winner and a terrible loser.

I don’t think it makes sense to ignore that.

1 Like

No, Kirik. Just no.

Joe was caught up in the hysteria of Ronda mania and drank the flavor aid.

She had nowhere near the competition of all time female athletes like Serena or Babe Diedrichson.

Even within WMMA Ronda had nowhere near the longevity of Becky Levi, Marloes, Megumi, etc.

She simply had a narrative that the UFC shamlessly exploited and convinced clueless media talking heads to go along with.

Shame on Rogan because he knew better. He had seen so much history that to be brought to tears by Ronda is laughable.

2 Likes

Agreed.  That shit was hard to watch lol.  That dude straight up worshipped the ground she walked on for a while there.  She could have told him to jump off a damn cliff and he woulda.  I swear to fuck.

HELWIG - 

No, Kirik. Just no.

Joe was caught up in the hysteria of Ronda mania and drank the flavor aid.

She had nowhere near the competition of all time female athletes like Serena or Babe Diedrichson.

Even within WMMA Ronda had nowhere near the longevity of Becky Levi, Marloes, Megumi, etc.

She simply had a narrative that the UFC shamlessly exploited and convinced clueless media talking heads to go along with.

Shame on Rogan because he knew better. He had seen so much history that to be brought to tears by Ronda is laughable.

Agreed

touch -

far from his worst moment, D. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxYSleOX6c

Ha ha ha!!! Never seen that before, what a shocker :D

Look as a guy that has watched UFC starting at UFC4 I was always a huge Rogan fan. You could tell he was a legit fan of the sport. 

However my opinion of him changed after watch Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites in Montreal. It was one of the worst fights ever with fans actually leaving the building during the main event. The crowd jeered and booed both men as both seemingly refused to engage.

When the final horn went off the crowd booed loudly and Joe had the nerve to say "I don't understand why the crowd is booing! They just got to watch a UFC championship fight" ... Wtf?

I knew then he was a shameless shill for the UFC. Then his ridiculous Ronda Rousey comments (calling her a mystical human being etc ...) sent me over the edge.

I haven't liked him since. 

2 Likes
spjackson77 -
Kirik -

Yep, it was completely appropriate at the time. Whatever happened afterwards is completely irrelevant. This is like giving shit to everyone who voted OJ Simpson as the heisman winner. Didn't they know he was going to be involved in a double murder later? SMH

No it isn’t.. joe blew all the smoke up her ass he could and then tried to blow some more

JoeHurley - 
D241 -

Joe's the one who is emotional and seems like you are too(Hurley) if you're worried that much about me.

You post in multiple threads on rondaat the same time while also bumping old threads from years ago, going on and on about how terrible she is and that's fine. 

I write one sentence about it and suddenly I'm the one who is emotional and worried that much about you. Lol.

Fair enough.  Now, if you notice, any thread you are referring to, has multiple people sharing the same opinion I have of her, and I post in the threads and only have made one thread about her that I can think of(besides this one if you want to count this one then that's 2 in the course of her career).

Great, I guess I won't see your comments about my posting patterns going forward.  If you don't mind, myself and the rest of us have some hating on Ronda to do :)