MMA Underground Forums

Joe, still think Randy would "MAUL" Cro Cop? LOL!!

Just wondering. It's conceivable that Couture would have beaten the 2007 Cro Cop back then, but I can't see how anybody would pick Couture now against the Cro Cop that reemerged at UFC 99 and looked ready to fuck shit up.

I would wager almost any amount of money right now that Cro Cop would retire Couture with a career ending KO via high kick that would put even his highly memorable KO of Igor to shame. Then again, at least Couture could collect a huge paycheck for his trauma.

I would still pick Couture over CroCop. I think his style can be CroCop's kyrtonite. I image Randy would try to cut CroCop's range off, close the distance, and drag CroCop into clinch warfare against the cage. He'd give CroCop hell up against the fence. And if he takes CroCop down, CroCop won't have any good answers for Randy's GnP from top position.

CroCop would have to use his range and movement effectively to keep it a kick boxing match. Otherwise, Randy is just going to smoother and smash him.

You must have seen a different Crocop at UFC 99

The one i saw was pudgy and plodding and had to cheat to beat his C level competition

Diego stole my name - You must have seen a different Crocop at UFC 99

The one i saw was pudgy and plodding and had to cheat to beat his C level competition

this

Couture almost got KO'd by Nog.

Diego stole my name - 

lol@ "had to cheat to beat"

crocop was easily winning that fight even before the eye poke and would most likely won without the eye poke. he had already hurt the dude badly once and was it was only a matter of time.

woulda coulda. Fact is he won because he poked him in the eye. Something he liked to do during his Japan career aswell

Thats not the point though, point is he was fatter than ever at UFC 99 and had lost most of his explosivity

I think I'd take Couture. I don't think Cro Cop would win any clinch with Randy. He'd get taken down. I don't know if Couture would win by TKO or not,  but I think he'd dominate the fight through superior position.

lol, Cro Cop wins by jamming his finger halfway into an overmatched opponents brain and suddenly people think he's somehow back?? Dos Santos is going to crush everyone's hopes just like Gonzaga did. And Randy would do the same.

Crocop didn't look impressive at ufc 99, but saying he won because of the eyepoke is stupid. His opponent was just too bad.

We'll see where CroCop is at ufc 103.

Randy would win via having more testosterone (even without the HRT) because Crocop only has one test-producing nut after the Kongo and Overeem nut-smashing encounters.

If AListair could wreck Crocop takedown to GnP I'm pretty sure randy could.

I think Cro Cop would beat Randy but I definitely had an entirely different perception of this animal you saw at UFC 99.

I don't think anybody is saying he won ONLY because he poked him in the eye, it's just, saying he's back to the Cro Cop that murdered Igor based off that fight is a huge stretch.

he didn't look THAT great. it reminded me of the Eddie Alvarez fight. yes he won but when you think about what he used to do to the best fighters in the world, watching him look mediocre in a win against C level guys is underwhelming.

Randy will be lucky to go 1-5 if he has 6 more fights.

LOL. What do people expect him to come out and KO the guy with the first kick he throws? He stopped him in the 1st round. Yeah the poke was unfortuante, but it's not like he did it on purpose. It would have ended the same way anyway. He looked good, except for the right hand he ate right at the beginning of the fight. He looked fine against Sanchez also. I don't know how these myths get started. Crocop dominated Sanchez. Eddie was never in that fight at all. LOL @ he looked bad against Sanchez just because he didn't get a devastating KO.

Although Randy lost to Nog, he still looked better in his loss to top competition than CC did with his win over a journeyman.

Fun fact: Couture hasn't lost to someone that wasn't a champion in a major organization in a decade. Crocop on the other hand, in his last half dozen fights has won 1 lost to 2 journeymen, beaten 2 chumps and had a NC vs Overeem.

Couture would most certainly be a solid favorite over Crocop at this point.