Jogging in a fight should be illegal/penalized

It’s passivity/timidity. You can’t claim it’s setting anything up or engaging in the fight in any way. It’s running away from your opponent to flee danger, nothing else. Engage or tap/quit. 

4 Likes

Everybody was fine when Conor did it against Nate the second fight.

4 Likes

That's stupid. Fighting is about hurting the other guy and not getting hurt. The defensive part of the equation is just as important as the offensive part.

Maybe they should also ban slipping and blocking. Offense only, no defense allowed. 

6 Likes
bbomber -

That's stupid. Fighting is about hurting the other guy and not getting hurt. The defensive part of the equation is just as important as the offensive part.

Maybe they should also ban slipping and blocking. Offense only, no defense allowed. 

You can back up while continuing to engage. Running is just that. You’re running from the fight. 

1 Like

Turning your back and running is pretty gay in a pro fight

3 Likes

The judges will penalize that in scoring. If a fighter wants to punish another fighter for running, he should cut off the ring. It isn’t his opponent’s job to stand and get hit.

Sayomi -

Not me. In the 25ish years of being a fan I think Conor is unequivocally the worst thing to ever happen to the sport. Even worse than UFC 33. 

2 Likes
Sayomi -

No they weren’t lol

2 Likes
HillboFrateTrane -

It’s passivity/timidity. You can’t claim it’s setting anything up or engaging in the fight in any way. It’s running away from your opponent to flee danger, nothing else. Engage or tap/quit. 

Ok killer

Dory - The judges will penalize that in scoring. If a fighter wants to punish another fighter for running, he should cut off the ring. It isn’t his opponent’s job to stand and get hit.

You can’t effectively engage offensively when a dude is turning around and running in a fight. Combat sports are predicated upon the idea you have two willing participants engaging each other under previously agreed upon parameters. Running isn’t engaging. You can’t counter. You can’t be offensive. You can’t effectively strike or grapple while doing it. 

You are running, not fighting. It’s not a race, it’s a fight. 

2 Likes
addict -
HillboFrateTrane -

Ok killer

Go tell it to your buddy Bill 

Dory - The judges will penalize that in scoring. If a fighter wants to punish another fighter for running, he should cut off the ring. It isn’t his opponent’s job to stand and get hit.

Don’t be threatening me with logic bro! Just bleed!

seriously osp turned and evaded but also attacked off of that and countered a lot off of it. Almost won but he didn’t listen to his coaches enough. The fact that he had a gorilla hanging on him didn’t help either. 

It is illegal. Kalib Starnes even got a stern warning. 

Sayomi -

Plenty of us bitched about that

I agree OP! Hate that running away shit. That’d be a yellow card all day in Pride!

OP wants electric fences and sharks with lazerbeams attached to their heads because why the fuck not!

They should have ring events.  4 corners-  show us your skills.

Agreed 100% OP, I hated watching Gustafson for this one reason. I was always waiting for a point to get deducted or a warning but it never happened. He’d literally turn his back to his opponent and run away for a few feet then turn back around and fight, horseshit.

Maybe this will be more your speed then.

Eskimo -
Sayomi -

No they weren’t lol