John Bolton book cliff notes

The media won't tell you the real facts so here is some as they go

The strategy to handling Vladimir Putin:

“Niinisto reminded Trump that Putin was a fighter, and Trump should therefore hit back if attacked. Second, Niinisto stressed the importance of respecting Putin, and that if trust were established, he might be more discrete. Finally, again as if preparing for a boxing match, Niinisto warned Trump never to provide an opening or give even one inch. He ended his pep talk with a Finnish saying, “The Cossacks take everything that’s loose.”

that's about all I've seen so far that's interesting. he makes a lot of sarcastic remarks which are kind of funny.

1 Like

Some guy named Yang Jiechi is a big diplomat figure in China and signals what their underlying intentions are.

Trump handles diplomacy like women:

“By Monday, May 21, no North Korean advance team had arrived, hence there were no meetings with our team in Singapore. Trump began to wonder what was up, telling me, “I want to get out [of Singapore] before they do,” which sounded promising. He recounted how with the women he had dated, he never liked to have them break up with him; he always wanted to be the one doing the breaking up.”

- Shinzo Abe distrusts North Korea vehemently and the book repeatedly details his attempts to cirumvent any possible naive approach to NK.

- Trump didn't like Trudeau or Macron and liked to 'cross swords with them' and they knew it. I'm interpreting this as Bolton saying he liked to fuck with them and they were cool with it.

- Trump had an excitement boner over the Kim summit that he didn't care what the public perception was inspite of Bolton's attempts to say it'd be a propaganda coup for them.

- Trump wanted to walk out about before Kim at the embassy and Bolton agreed. Trump bitched that Kim got coached by Russia and China to put them at a disadvantage.

- This is commonly reported but Trump says Kim is 'full of shit' and prepares for more sanctions

- Kim shook Bolton's hand

- He says Kim made a smart move by asking in public (the press) what Trump thought of him. It was designed to elicit a positive respond or end the meeting there and then. There you go political BJ Penn Fan. That's a real genius trap. Not by talking about 'pizza'.

- Mike Pompeo passes John a note saying Trump is full of shit because: "Trump said he would seek Senate approval of any nuclear agreement with North Korea, contrasting his approach positively with Obama’s unwillingness to seek ratification of the Iran nuclear 

- Kim's narrative to Trump was he needed to take a tough stance against America and 'confessed' it was to appease North Korean hardliners. LOL. As if the people would say shit. 

- Trump legit had made it a point for months to give Kim an autographed copy of a Rocket Man CD. Autographed by Donald, that is.

-  Bolton says he dodged a bullet when Kim asked Trump's team what they thought about the potential diplomacy. The topic changed before it reached him. I guess he would've ruined it? 

- NK had been negative to John's presence. Trump said Bolton was 'a hawk but now a dove'. Kim asks a lethal question in regards to visiting Pyongyang, “You will be warmly welcomed. You may find this hard to answer, but do you think you can trust me?” Bolton says if Trump trusts him, he does. Take note gents.

- Bolton says Trump claims to have 'rehabilitated' Bolton's image when they had a convo full of jokes (again Bolton is very sarcastic) 

Excerpt:

"Trump added that I was on Fox News all the time, calling for war with Russia, China, and North Korea, but it was a lot different on the inside. This really had all the North Koreans in stitches. Kim said, “I heard a lot about Ambassador Bolton saying not good things about us. At the end, we must have a picture so I can show the hard-liners that you are not such a bad guy.”
“Can I go to Yongbyon?” I asked. More laughter.
Trump said, “John is a big believer in this, I can tell you,” showing just how far the truth could be stretched.”"

Putin discussions:

- Bolton counters the intro to Putin when in front off the presss by saying he looks forward to Russia hosting the World Cup (the US is in 2026, Russia is not anytime)

- The arms race was discussed and here is Bolton's words: 

“I said we could follow one of two conceptual approaches to arms control: negotiations between adversaries to constrain each other, or negotiations between competitors to deconflict activities that could lead to problems. I used America’s 2001 withdrawal from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty as an example of the latter, which set Putin off on a soliloquy about why he felt Bob Gates and Condi Rice had later shafted Russia on that issue. I responded that Putin had left out much of the history from 2001 to 2003, where we tried to induce Moscow also to withdraw from the ABM Treaty and cooperate mutually on national missile-defense capabilities, which Putin had declined to do—quite likely, I had surmised—because they then had an effective missile-defense technology and we did not! ”

-  “Putin said confidently, following a long-standing Russian propaganda line, that up to 5,000 “locals” near At Tanf were, in fact, ISIS fighters, who would ostensibly follow American direction, but then betray us when it suited them. (Putin said the ISIS fighters would kiss a certain part of our anatomy, although his interpreter didn’t translate it that way!) I thought this exchange on the situation in Syria was the most interesting of the entire meeting. Referring to the Syrian Opposition, Putin pressed strongly that they were not reliable allies for us, and could not be trusted from one day to the next. Instead, he urged that we advance the Syrian peace process. I said our priorities were to destroy ISIS and remove all Iranian forces. We were not fighting Syria’s civil war; our priority was Iran.”

- “Putin also raised the subject of North Korea, where Russia supported the “action for action” approach the North wanted, but he basically seemed less than fully interested in the issue. On Iran, he scoffed at our withdrawal from the nuclear deal, wondering, now that the United States had withdrawn, what would happen if Iran withdrew? ” (can't disagree there, Trump fucked up - MarcusAurelioFan)

“. I said it was politically toxic for Trump to meet with Putin, but he was doing so to safeguard US national interests regardless of the political consequences, and to see if he could advance the relationship. After a few closing pleasantries, the roughly ninety-minute meeting ended. Putin struck me as totally in control, calm, self-confident, whatever Russia’s domestic economic and political challenges might have been. He was totally knowledgeable on Moscow’s national-security priorities. I was not looking forward to leaving him alone in a room with Trump.

I do believe Kim is being held in check by the hardliners in NK. He needs them more than they need him. 

- Trump is typically late for meetings

- Trump RESPECTED Merkel a lot because his own father was German. This is noted repeatedly which indicates to me (MarcusAurelioFan) that heritage means a lot to Donald Trump. Not trolling.

Quote: "He had great respect for Chancellor Merkel, noting that his father was German, and his mother Scottish."

- Putin likes Netanyahu

- In regards to the China trade deal - Putin simply said we were 'tough'. Putin pushed for more business in Russia. So, there's a hint of his end game.

- In regards to election meddling, Bolton says Putin had a curveball ready. There were GRU agents they were offering to try with Mueller's assistance as long as  Bill Browder (a businessman whose lawyer died suspiciously) who had persuaded Congress to pass a law that sanctioned Russian human-rights violator - would find forseeable justice in their courts.

- Trump said Putin claimed we should aim for no more 'cyberattacks' (God willing, Putin, I will bless you if you do)

- Trump is a tool

“Worryingly, however, Putin also said he wanted Trump to win the 2016 election “because he talked about bringing the US-Russian relationship back to normal,” a significant deviation from the standard public line that countries don’t interfere in others’ internal politics and would work with whomever was elected. That in turn paled before the Trump response near the end of the press conference, when Trump said, “My people came to me—Dan Coats came to me and some others—they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have—I have confidence in both parties… So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.” Kelly and I, sitting next to each other in the audience, were almost frozen to our seats by Trump’s answer. It was obvious that major corrective action would be needed because of this self-inflicted wound, but what exactly that would be was far from evident. The[…]”

Sounds like a lot of bombshells.  Wow.  I wish you put a warning in the title.  I would have sat down and buckled up. Wow.

People give russia far more weight than it has.  It's economy is the size of Australia's.  It's military, outside of a few weapons, is weak and outdated.  It's stature on the world stage in terms of influence isnt even top 10.

Trump has cowtoed to putin for reasons I don't understand.  Other than being the richest man on earth, there's nothing putin has on Trump.  Unless there's something we don't know about.

EFM -

People give russia far more weight than it has.  It's economy is the size of Australia's.  It's military, outside of a few weapons, is weak and outdated.  It's stature on the world stage in terms of influence isnt even top 10.

Trump has cowtoed to putin for reasons I don't understand.  Other than being the richest man on earth, there's nothing putin has on Trump.  Unless there's something we don't know about.

Putin hypnotized him

MarcusAurelioFan -
EFM -

Putin hypnotized him

I think it has more to do with when it happened and Trump's inexperience on the world stage.  It was very uncalculated and unpolished and made him look a bit out of his league. 

Fortunately Trump isn't the only symbol or representative of the US.  We have years of reputable action by real leaders we can fall back on beyond Trump.

Thanks!

Im not buying his book.

EFM - 

Trump knows in his heart of hearts that he isn't a tough guy and he gets all gaga about people he regards as tough guys.

This is interesting !

thanks for doing it ... not nearly the “bombshells” that CNN was hoping for lol but there are some good behind the scenes interactions 

I would love to hang out with trump and his team. I think he has an out of the box way looking at things 

no wonder the politicians hate him