John Cena as a bad guy?

Do you think Cena could work as a heel?

His character is a little tired to me, I often wonder if he could work as a bad guy.

They need to bring back the Dr. of Thuganomics

He started his big run as a heel, so yes I think he could go back. He could even go the super cheesy heel route, like Angle did back in the day.

BigWilliam - He started his big run as a heel, so yes I think he could go back. He could even go the super cheesy heel route, like Angle did back in the day.

LOL

I don't know my history. I never knew that he was a heel.

The rapper gimmick thing started as a heel, back when he named his finisher the FU as a shot at Brock's F5.

I actually liked him as a heel. His raps were always entertaining.

But would they let him do the non-pg raps again on a regular basis? That's why I was thinking maybe take the hustle, loyalty, respect thing to a sort of three i's level. Have him be the super cheesy, kid friendly guy that everyone hates.

BigWilliam - But would they let him do the non-pg raps again on a regular basis? That's why I was thinking maybe take the hustle, loyalty, respect thing to a sort of three i's level. Have him be the super cheesy, kid friendly guy that everyone hates.

you mean he isn't that now?

2003 John Cena was incredible at the time. I remember I hit up a Smackdown in St. Louis and Cena was taking on Zach Gowen (one-legged kid that feuded with Vince).

Cena's rap that night was the furthest thing from the PG era. I don't exactly remember the ending punchline to the rap, but I remember it involving the double meaning of hip-hop (it being a freestyle/and the fact Gowen was hopping on one leg)

Back then he used to come out to the town's rivals jersey (always retro)

For instance, that night in St. Louis I believe he was wearing a retro Chicago Cubs jersey. Then when he began his tweener stage, he started wearing the hometown's retros.

Who remembers back when Cena had the pump up shoes? When ever he went to the top rope he'd always bend up and pump up the shows before taking the high risk. Great Stuff...

Can't stand the guy anymore.

when it happens, he could become one of the biggest heels in a long time.

But WWE won't turn him any time soon. He makes to much $$$ for them right now.

The reebok pumps before a high risk move was awesome! Phone Post

I don't get why everybody thinks Cena couldn't sell merch as a heel. I get that kids all buy and want his stuff now, so maybe I'm underestimating the size of that market.

But I guarantee that WCW made a mint from nWo merch. Granted, it wasn't just Hogan turning heel, but you know what I mean.

Chocolate Shatner - 
BigWilliam - But would they let him do the non-pg raps again on a regular basis? That's why I was thinking maybe take the hustle, loyalty, respect thing to a sort of three i's level. Have him be the super cheesy, kid friendly guy that everyone hates.

you mean he isn't that now?

That's what I mean though, take that heat that he gets now and play on it, turn the volume up on it even more.

Cena can only be a cool heel with his core of devoted fans like Diesel or a earnest jackass like Angle. He'd do well at either. He has IT

Pretty sure he was a heel when he was The Prototype. Phone Post

Radio-

Yes he was a heel as the Prototype...he was actually in Bollin Services (major Heel stable in OVW managed by Kenny Bollin)

He was tagging with Rico at the time and they were OVW Tag Champs there for a while.