John Crawford Walmart shooting - Cops not charged

Opinions??

I dont really understand how the cops werent charged here. The surveillance video is pretty damning.

Also, the dude who called 911 and stated that Crawford was waving his gun around, loading it, and threatining people was probably a racist asshole.

I have no idea what this is.

I guess it's just how our own biases allow us to interpret the video.  I saw a justified shooting personally.  I'm more biased to beleive cops and believe most are good people.

A tradegy though.  Shame he dided over and airsoft gun, but he left the cops no choice.  They didn't know what it was.  He appeared to be not complying with their commands and acting sketchy as hell. 

I didn't see him "drop" his weapon. I saw what looked like him diving back for it. 

my .02

I saw the video and couldn't' come to conclusion, What exactly made it "damning" to you? if you don't mind?

Here's some background
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/24/surveillance-video-walmart-shooting-john-crawford-police

GenErick - I saw the video and couldn't' come to conclusion, What exactly made it "damning" to you? if you don't mind?

Crawford was standing alone in the aisle on the phone...there was no threat to anyone else at the moment and Crawford was not commiting any crime. Yet, cops came in with the shoot first mentality and blasted him.

Given the 911 call said he was pointing it at people, I think the cops were somewhat justified.
The 911 caller is to blame for lying/exaggerating, and the victim is to blame for being oblivious to the fact that he was gonna raise some flags.

I just watched the video.

Didnt see him point the gun at anyone.

Didnt seem like cops gave him an order to drop before opening fire.

Cop is a murderer.

Cops were way too aggressive and I think it's ridiculous that they'll face no repercussions.

They lit the guy up when he was not facing them or brandishing the "gun" at all.

With audio.

Clean shoot.

No, those aren't the facts to answer your question.

papasmurf24 - 
Tomato Can - Cops were way too aggressive and I think it's ridiculous that they'll face no repercussions.

They lit the guy up when he was not facing them or brandishing the "gun" at all.

are these the facts?:

kid was holding an air rifle

kid dropped air rifle

kid shot multiple times by police

no charges

if so, wtf?  Maybe I'm missing something

You missed that he was black.

Stupidnewbie - With audio.

Clean shoot.

Is this sarcastic?

"listen sarge, when i came around the corner, he was pointing the airsoft gun right at the alpo dry dog food! So i shot him a few times, announced my presence by yelling incoherently, and then shot him a few more times. I didnt have any other choice."

papasmurf24 - 
Tomato Can - Cops were way too aggressive and I think it's ridiculous that they'll face no repercussions.

are these the facts?:

kid dropped air rifle

no charges

if so, wtf?  Maybe I'm missing something

Close but not exactly. Guy is walking around store with air rifle. Someone freaks out and calls cops. Cops arrive. Guy is talking on his cellphone, with the air rifle at his side, looking at some products on a shelf. Cops light him up.

"are these the facts?:

kid dropped air rifle

no charges"

It was an air rifle that is a replica of a real rifle. Officers cannot assume it is not a real firearm. He pointed it numerous times. Officers are under no legal obligation to allow a suspect to point a weapon at them before defending themselves. Don't want to get shot? Don't wave a gun (real or not) around in public.

Suspect did not drop the rifle until after being shot. He was shot twice very quickly before dropping the gun. Once he was unarmed and complying, officers did not shoot again. Officers take him into custody.

No charges.

Stupidnewbie - "are these the facts?:

kid dropped air rifle

no charges"

It was an air rifle that is a replica of a real rifle. Officers cannot assume it is not a real firearm. He pointed it numerous times. Officers are under no legal obligation to allow a suspect to point a weapon at them before defending themselves. Don't want to get shot? Don't wave a gun (real or not) around in public.

Suspect did not drop the rifle until after being shot. He was shot twice very quickly before dropping the gun. Once he was unarmed and complying, officers did not shoot again. Officers take him into custody.

No charges.

LOL.

Ohio is a traditional open carry state.

Gun was out of packaging in the store.

Show me in the video one time where he points the gun at anyone.

That cop should be in prison.

Give a legal argument if you are going to give a legal conclusion.

Just to add, open carry is legal where this took place.

Stupidnewbie - "are these the facts?:

kid dropped air rifle

no charges"

No charges.

what happened to all the 'right to bear arms'/'open carry' shit I hear so much about? If he wasn't threatening anyone, wasn't he just a man excercising his rights?

btw, I know nothing about this. just trying to stir the pot. I also didn't watch the video because I think watching somebody being killed can in no way affect my life positively.