John DeLaO is Not a BB under Joe M

DeLaO also armlocked BJJ Brown Belt Joe Camacho at KOTC.

Simco must promote Shen to master!! There is no opther way( he can do it becasue he is the grandmaster)

or for thocat

Sim Co mstr Shen fr reasons dog pes Marcelo for te most prt and scdce, rght?

sorry to be a dick but that hurt my brain when I read it

Why does the site list Wellington Dias as Joe M blackbelt? Isn't that Megaton? If so, since when did he become associated with Joe M?

Punk,I dated Paulo for awhile,he fought a black belt from brazil at the costa mesa church contest,he lost by 2 points,he also has a black belt in judo,yes.He never said that Joe Moreira ever gave him stripes.On another note,hows the new one in the oven.

I actually have met Hideki Frazier.

Frazier and Ray Cota were DelaO brown belts. Joe offered to promote both to blackbelt to expand his association.

Frazier took it right away, Cota said he'd rather earn it, and continued to train with Joe.

There's a whole lot of random Joe M blackbelts. Master Kim in Westminster? Who the hell is he?

Max

So it looks as though DeLaO was in fact ranked with Joe.

BTW...

Hideki Frazier looks like an asian version of Ed Parker.

Max

mujabod my friend!

I'm pretty sure that Joe said he NEVER promoted De La O to ANY rank, but I will find out for sure.

There are some guys who do not show up on Joe's website on the black belt roster because they have changed affiliations or simply not contacted Joe in YEARS. If that is the case, they have been removed.

There are also some that Joe has given a degree stripe to that actually first got promoted by someone else, but they are VERY FEW in number.

I also have some updates to do to that list when I get a chance. Right now though my wife is back in the hospital and they are trying to figure out what is wrong with her (besides the obvious cancer) that is making her blood tests so screwy and making her jaundice. As soon as I get her home I'll update Joe's site again.

Adam LaClair
Webmaster, www.joemoreira.tv

I have met the secret weapon. never rolled with him tho. nice guy. bonaduce imo

I didn't know that about Megaton. I trained with him in 1998 and I guess I wrongly assumed he was always associated with Gracie H. from the start.

I met John on several occassions, and he was a nice guy with good students. I never rolled with him but I fought one of his students (I won a tough decision but he earned my respect)

Lodune Sincaid beat John via standing guilitine in "Extreme Pankration" in Wilmington, this was back in the day. I cornered Lodune in the fight. John looked like he couldn't believe he got caught. I remember hearing he was a black belt, and I had never seen a black belt get caught like that before, but I figured Lodune just had a great day in the cage.

Not that either of these two facts have anything to do with belt ranking, just thought it was interesting info...

Hey Shen...

Yea, Ray looks kind of like Joe looked when he was in the UFC. :)

It's funny too... The guy's a certified Tae Bo teacher, with some good cardio...

Yea, I'm pretty sure Master Kim's got a hapkido school in Westminster or Garden Grove. Still have never heard a word about him in BJJ...

Greg Lee is another one of those random Joe/DeLaO blackbelts.

Max

shen,

It's weird that Camacho would try and discredit DeLaO's Black Belt considering DeLaO arlocked him.

HuntingtonPunk is correct. It seems as though DeLaO isn't very good at playing the politics. It's not like DeLaO is hiding in the remote jungles of the Congo. If Joe really didn't give DeLaO rank then why isn't he over there giving DeLaO shit???

Brennan has talked about DelaO's skill before. Said he was good, but he hasn't really been advancing.

Sounds far enough... Doesn't sound llike he's training with anyone but his students?

Max

But what if someone isn't "legit" because of other peoples poor ethics. For example, what if an instuctor gives a guy rank of Black Belt, then denies giving it to the student after a falling out?

This has happened MANY times in the political world of BJJ.

kimo's a black belt for crying out loud. end of discussion imo.

Brennan was awarded his black belt by DeLaO, so DeLaO must be at least a 2nd degree bb

In bjj every 3 years as a black belt ='s a degree. Which makes me laugh when people pull degrees out of there ass.-1 example Royce in UFC 1. I really dont think he was a 4th degree at the time as billed.Not sure if his belt actually had the atripes or not. btw