John Kavanagh charging $70 for speaking tour

Have you ever seen a guy ride his fighters coattails as much as John Kavanagh? He loves the media spotlight. Written a book, and now hes doing a worldwide speaking tour called 'win or learn, a night with John Kavanagh. $70 a ticket here in sydney, or $129 for a meet ane greet. Just seems funny to me. You dont see other top coaches like Firas or Greg Jackson doing this sort of thing.

Fuck it, more power to him I say. Gotta make that money anyway you can

Might as well. I ain't mad, I'd do the same thing. The guy is actually very smart and has some wisdom to drop.

Yeah, let him earn, bro.

He got lucky having Conor walk into his gym. I doubt he has any secrets that other coaches dont have.

Good for him. He's behind one of the most successful combat athletes of all time. People will be interested.

Edmond on the other hand... no way!

He's trying to make a living. Not sure why that deserves criticism. 

He doesn't deserve criticism for capitalizing on every way to make money he can. The idiots who are willing to pay 70$ to hear him talk on the other hand...

Sir Psycho Sexy - Have you ever seen a guy ride his fighters coattails as much as John Kavanagh? He loves the media spotlight. Written a book, and now hes doing a worldwide speaking tour called 'win or learn, a night with John Kavanagh. $70 a ticket here in sydney, or $129 for a meet ane greet. Just seems funny to me. You dont see other top coaches like Firas or Greg Jackson doing this sort of thing.
So the guy who trained him to be a champ, let him train for free and wrote off a load of debt Conor owed him is riding on his coat tails? There would be no tails to be ridden upon if it wasn't for him.

Most trainers make nothing good on him

Good on him!

Earn and prosper those around you

I feel you OP. 

He's been involved in MMA for over 15 years. For about 3 quarters of that, he probably made just enough to get by. He was a huge part of Irish MMA getting off the ground in the early stages.

If he's making a few bucks, good on him. Fuck it.

$70 is a little bit over the top, that's a concert ticket range, right?

Conor McGregor -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Have you ever seen a guy ride his fighters coattails as much as John Kavanagh? He loves the media spotlight. Written a book, and now hes doing a worldwide speaking tour called 'win or learn, a night with John Kavanagh. $70 a ticket here in sydney, or $129 for a meet ane greet. Just seems funny to me. You dont see other top coaches like Firas or Greg Jackson doing this sort of thing.

He's supposed to tour for free? How fucking dumb are you?

Lol did i hurt your feelings, fan boy?

I was like John Danaher, good deal. this not so much. Firas and Jackson could charge that much and be worth it though.

He's Conors's equivalent of Ronda's Edmund; a clueless SOB who hit gold.

John Kavanagh's opening line on his speaking tour:
"Good evening everyone, one day Conor McGregor walked into my gym, now you dummies pay me $70 to be here. At the end of this presentation you can line up and take a photo with me to show people on social media you met Conor McGregor's coach."

I'm not knocking the guy for making the most of his situation, but who wants to pay money to hear him talk about winning the lottery?

69stang - John Kavanagh's opening line on his speaking tour:
"Good evening everyone, one day Conor McGregor walked into my gym, now you dummies pay me $70 to be here. At the end of this presentation you can line up and take a photo with me to show people on social media you met Conor McGregor's coach."

I'm not knocking the guy for making the most of his situation, but who wants to pay money to hear him talk about winning the lottery?
Exactly. Not hating on the guy, just pointing out how hes damn lucky that Conor walked into his gym.

You never know. His perspective and coaching, he could have some great stuff to share. I don't know him personally but he probably had a big hand in building Irish Mma. I'd say it just depends on what your looking to get out of it