John Wick sequel confirmed!

‘John Wick’ Directors Are Already Working on a Sequel (Exclusive)
By Jason Guerrasio Feb 04, 2015
3 Comments

We’re happy to report that if you were completely blown away by the action and thrills in John Wick, the directors tell us they’re in the works on another one.

During our chat with Chad Stahelski and David Leitch for “Director’s Notebook,” the stuntmen turned directors revealed that they definitely want to give the fans what they want and are currently working on a sequel to their hit debut, which not only proved that Keanu Reeves is still a viable action star but introduced us to some spectacular new action sequences like “gun fu” and “car fu.”

“We’re in development right now,” Stahelski told us.

They didn’t go into any specifics on story or if Reeves would return, though Stahelski did hint, “If we could work with Keanu Reeves for 10 movies you’d have a really cool career.” The two admitted that pressure of a sequel isn’t coming up with more action, but keeping the character relatable.

“We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original,” Stahelski said. “It’s the matter of story and how much you like the character. That’s always the most important. If there’s great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn’t have charisma you’re not going to watch it. Look at any great action star, whether it’s Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson or Robert Downey Jr., pick a name, you love the guy first. Good action, bad action, you just love them in action. So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we’ll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome.”

“You gotta go on a journey with the guy and have to like the guy,” Leitch added.

Stahelski and Leitch are hot commodities in the action world at the moment as news broke last week that they are in early talks to helm Cowboy Ninja Viking, starring Chris Pratt.

John Wick is now available on Blu-ray. Look for our full interview with the directors later today

Fuck yeah. Phone Post 3.0

Sweet!

I really liked the movie, but do we really need a sequel?

If anything, I'd rather see a prequel that shows the job he was given to get out of the life. Phone Post 3.0

THE MOVIE WAS GREAT..........I TOO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PREQUEL OF HOW HE GOT HIS REPUTATION........

LotionInTheBasket - I really liked the movie, but do we really need a sequel?

If anything, I'd rather see a prequel that shows the job he was given to get out of the life. Phone Post 3.0

Even better, show him given a contract (beginning of the sequal) but in his mind he re-lives "the job" that got him out of the life (for the movie), end of the movie is him looking at the new contract of a sequal which would be the third movie.

mind blown.

defintly want to see keanu back in this movie. already bought the bluray. this is one of those movies that watching with friends is fucking awesome.

when sequel comes, dont hold back and make it even better.

I just wrote this movie in ten minutes sitting on the shitter.

Russian guy contracts out hits on the Yakuza leaders. Main antagonist is Donnie Yen. 100 mill easy. Phone Post 3.0

Great movie but I kinda of got the feel that this was just another no ie that Jason Statham turned down. It's better than some but there wasn't a lot of substance to it.

I think a prequel would add extra dimension and could be a legit movie. Phone Post 3.0

Keanu should play the Crow

x Eat Schmidt x - Great movie but I kinda of got the feel that this was just another no ie that Jason Statham turned down. It's better than some but there wasn't a lot of substance to it.

I think a prequel would add extra dimension and could be a legit movie. Phone Post 3.0
Jason Statham don't turn down movies. Have you ever seen In the Name of the King? ;) Phone Post 3.0

I really enjoyed it so I'm glad a sequel is made regardless of what the story is. I'm tired of PG13 action movies and also R-rated borefests that think lots of blood and gore is what we want when we say we want a "mature" action movie.

Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint. Phone Post 3.0

An Oger got shot many times in that film...Snakpitz maybe???

I am glad they are thinking about character development...I am a huge action movie fan and most often the sequels lose a bunch of the original appeal because they work so hard to top the special effects and action scenes that things get goofy and they lose the character development. 

Most great action movies have a flawed and suffering hero forced into battle.  People are incredibly intrigued by a character that has lost everything/has nothing left to lose and is forced to fight back...Whether it is the original Die Hard or the latest Rambo or the first Taken movie that time spent showing the character in turmoil then that moment of clarity when they decide to say "fuck it" I'm going to war is what makes the movie so compellng...

This sequel is going to be tough, how do you create that same sense of a character at the bottom of a pit. 

Trust - 
LotionInTheBasket - I really liked the movie, but do we really need a sequel?

Ohhh, great idea!!

For all we know, it very well may be a prequel. 

Cool. More Judo!

So cool. John Wick was top notch action. Phone Post 3.0

THE MOVIE WAS GREAT..........I TOO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PREQUEL OF HOW HE GOT HIS REPUTATION........

I don't know...one of the things I like most about the movie is that they didn't explain anything.

How did he gets his rep?
How did that crazy hitman hotel come to be?
What's up with the gold coins?
How did that cop/those cleaners/that black hitman at the hotel and how did all these people come into his life?
How does he know Willem Dafoe?

They didn't explain ANY of that shit, they just presented all these pieces of the world John Wick lives in as though they were utterly normal, and expected the viewer to accept it all. I love that shit.

Just watched this last night, thought it was pretty good. Like the idea of a prequel, excellent idea.
Puppy made me sad :( Phone Post 3.0