Johnny Walker to train for Cory Anderson in Moscow

Johnny Walker will prepare for a fight with Corey Anderson in Moscow

One of the most striking UFC prospectuses, Johnny Walker (17-3) plans to hold a camp before a fight with Corey Anderson (12-4) in a Moscow club.

On preparations for the fight with Anderson: "I met the owner of ATT Moscow when he arrived here in Thailand, and he suggested that I have a camp there. I have never been to Russia, and he said that he would help my brother, who needs surgery.

Now I have sold my car, I need to sell something else and figure out who to leave my two pit bulls with - I don't know if I will take them to Russia with me, it's expensive. Maybe I'll leave them to some of my friends.

I will not live in Brazil after the fight, I plan to train in the USA, there are offers from several teams.

I am very glad that there will be an opportunity to train in Russia, it will be great to improve wrestling skills without sinking into Muay Thai. I think I made the right choice, with these anabolic Russians I will become stronger (laughs).

I will try to get to Moscow next week. I trained at SBG for two weeks on Conor's team. There are some good guys there, but the best option for this camp is Russia, I want to improve my wrestling.

"The anabolic russians"

USADA, ready your testsĀ 

I thought he opened his own gym in Thailand. Not a great endorsement of his gym (or his money management... 3 POTN bonuses in the last 9 months + $90K pay for his last fight alone) if he'sĀ selling his car to go train in Russia. Askren would have probably traded him free wrestling coaching in exchange for some advice on striking.

Let's hope Petr Yan gets the title shot at 135 lbs..

Tug Dabone -

I thought he opened his own gym in Thailand. Not a great endorsement of his gym (or his money management... 3 POTN bonuses in the last 9 months + $90K pay for his last fight alone) if he'sĀ selling his car to go train in Russia. Askren would have probably traded him free wrestling coaching in exchange for some advice on striking.

I think its about an expensive surgery for his brother.

1 Like
CRE - Let's hope Petr Yan gets the title shot at 135 lbs..

Fat chance. They set up Sterling vs FrankieĀ and the shot will be given to the winner while Yan getting the Zabit or Islam treatment.

touchĀ -Ā 
CRE - Let's hope Petr Yan gets the title shot at 135 lbs..

Fat chance. They set up Sterling vs FrankieĀ and the shot will be given to the winner while Yan getting the Zabit or Islam treatment.

Yan and Sterling should be fighting for the title. Cejudo goes back down to Flyweight and whenever he wants he can get a title shot at Bantamweight, along with a permanent move to that weight.

Sandhagen vs. Yan/Sterling would make sense too.

It cant go wrong training for wrestling in Russia